• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

So we think the Astros with RSN issues are going to go over the threshold for a few years and pay 110% tax for Snell?  This while trying to work on an extension with another one of Boras clients Bregman and needing to consider re-signing Framber and extend Tucker. 

22 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So we think the Astros with RSN issues are going to go over the threshold for a few years and pay 110% tax for Snell?  This while trying to work on an extension with another one of Boras clients Bregman and needing to consider re-signing Framber and extend Tucker. 

it doesn't always make sense.  we see teams extend themselves for short periods.  I think it tells us that there's more money and magical accounting in there than we are even remotely privy to.  

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

May not be a “few years” if it’s an opt out deal after one year…..unlike us, they might be willing to forfeit the pick and pay the tax in the short term because they are a legit Series contender.

35 minutes ago, Stradling said:

yeah

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The price 3 months ago is much different than the price now.  So you could have been right then but wrong now.  

We can hope so.

Arte won't spend money on Snell or Martinez but will gladly let Perry spend $50 million on the bullpen..... doesn't make any sense, hasn't all off season. Either Perry is an idiot and blew his load on an "improved bullpen" or Arte cut him off unexpectedly midway through the offseason 

I still wonder if Boras/Snell are totally firm on wanting the opt out after year one, since Snell is supposedly willing to take a shorter deal.

That is the only way it makes since for Moreno to not approve signing him to a 3 year deal.   Only approved if opt out only after year 2?

7 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

Arte won't spend money on Snell or Martinez but will gladly let Perry spend $50 million on the bullpen..... doesn't make any sense, hasn't all off season. Either Perry is an idiot and blew his load on an "improved bullpen" or Arte cut him off unexpectedly midway through the offseason 

Or Boras is using the media.  

I've tried over and over and over to give Arte the benefit of the doubt in most things, but I just don't understand what he's doing.  Either you give Perry autonomy or you move on.... This off season hasn't made much sense. 

As always... I try not to get too worked up about things out of my control.  What I can control is my own fandom and I am not overly excited about this season.  I'll still watch, but it's becoming less of a priority every day.

10 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I've tried over and over and over to give Arte the benefit of the doubt in most things, but I just don't understand what he's doing.  Either you give Perry autonomy or you move on.... This off season hasn't made much sense. 

As always... I try not to get too worked up about things out of my control.  What I can control is my own fandom and I am not overly excited about this season.  I'll still watch, but it's becoming less of a priority every day.

It will be interesting watching the progress of the young players.

51 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

exactly

If we're not "in it" then why in the hell sign Luis Garcia for 4.25 million? 

And all these opinions about this situation without any real idea what the player and his agent are currently demanding the contract be.  Are they still demanding a stupid contract?  Or are they willing to do a totally reasonable deal but Moreno is being a moron?  We don’t know.

Every team has a budget.  And every team might adjust the budget depending on how opportunities evolve.

If Moreno originally said “absolutely not” to a massive long term deal, and now Minasian has to stay engaged with Moreno on things as they evolve into maybe there being a different opportunity on Snell, it sure would be easy to report that as “Minasian frustrated with Moreno’s unwillingness to sign the player Minasian wants to sign.”

Moreno has definitely earned his reputation so he is going to get thrown under the bus now on everything.

Because he is going to get thrown under the bus on EVERYTHING, it isn’t really possible anymore to know when he is actually being a jerk.

Maybe he is being a jerk.  And maybe he is openly communicating with Minasian on adjusting the budget as things are developing.

We don’t know.

Edited by Dtwncbad