• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

1 hour ago, Pancake Bear said:

Snell wanted a long term deal, but reportedly he's now open to an opt out deal. Presumably that would involve an opt out after year one on any contract. I'm assuming Arte doesn't want to do an opt out deal because those aren't great for the team. We probably are wanting a 3ish year deal with no opt outs, but that obviously is less appetizing to Snell/Boras since their goal is for him to have a big season and re-enter the market next season. 

Personally, I'm less confident Snell ends up here. I could certainly believe they're interested, I just don't see a deal that is likely to work unless we give in on opt-outs, which I'm skeptical about. JD Martinez seems more likely, but I wouldn't bet a ton on that either. 

3 years overpay with opt out after year 2 should be amenable to both sides.

Not that much of a difference for Snell in opting out after year 2 instead of after year 1 

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Nope. I know you don’t believe it but that’s what it’s coming down to. Mostly opt outs. 

Please, Strad. Don’t get my hopes up. 

im not super sold on the rotation with the way Sandoval looked yesterday. (I know it’s still the spring, but man) 

Yankees need Blake Snell even more in wake of Gerrit Cole's injury

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/mlb/yankees-need-blake-snell-even-more-in-wake-of-gerrit-coles-injury

Bad news keeps getting worse for the New York Yankees and their ace Gerrit Cole.

Cole will reportedly miss at least 1-2 months after an MRI on his throwing elbow revealed a ligament tear. As I suspected, he will not be ready to start for the Yankees on opening day in Houston.

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yankees need Blake Snell even more in wake of Gerrit Cole's injury

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/mlb/yankees-need-blake-snell-even-more-in-wake-of-gerrit-coles-injury

Bad news keeps getting worse for the New York Yankees and their ace Gerrit Cole.

Cole will reportedly miss at least 1-2 months after an MRI on his throwing elbow revealed a ligament tear. As I suspected, he will not be ready to start for the Yankees on opening day in Houston.

Written by Ben Verlander…

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Nope. I know you don’t believe it but that’s what it’s coming down to. Mostly opt outs. 

That’s what you’re hearing or guessing?

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Again I don’t know anyone in the front office, but I know someone who is close to someone very high up in the org. I have zero reason to lie about this as I’ve been here for close to 20 years and I’m not trying to be “that guy” nor do I need street cred. 

Listen Uh Huh GIF by ABC Network

10 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Hmm. Wonder if that throws a wrench in things. 

You know how we aren’t sure Snell is worth the money?  Imagine being the Yankees and basically having to allocate more than twice as much with the 110% tax 

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You know how we aren’t sure Snell is worth the money?  Imagine being the Yankees and basically having to allocate more than twice as much with the 110% tax 

I guess it's possible the Yankees are completely out on Snell because of this. I just wondered if this forces their hand. It's the Yankees, afterall.

Just now, Rico said:

Should Snell sign a deal where he opts out after 1 year can the team still offer him the qo and get a draft pick in return?

No

1 QO per player in their career

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I guess it's possible the Yankees are completely out on Snell because of this. I just wondered if this forces their hand. It's the Yankees, afterall.

Then again, they have zero leverage now. Boras can rake them over the Coles.