• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

once again, i find it oddly curious how many here think the angels are an appealing team to any free agents of note.

"how come arte is so cheap? why didn't arte sign xxxxxx?"

players have to want to come here. right now, they don't. 

we're not signing anyone of note this year. probably not next year, either (unless there's a dramatic turnaround in how the team plays this year). 

1 minute ago, Erstad Grit said:

Unless it's 10 years we should have been all over that

Remember the player has to want to sign with that team. Maybe he talked to Ohtani and was told stay away from halos. Maybe Angels were never involved with Shota. 

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

once again, i find it oddly curious how many here think the angels are an appealing team to any free agents of note.

we're not signing anyone of note this year. probably not next year, either (unless there's a dramatic turnaround in how the team plays this year). 

Or if team is under new management, but I agree. Is Lorenzen someone of note?

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

Yes

Nationals had to vastly overpay Werth to sign with them, but along with that they make improvements and won a ring.

We need to overpay.

Perry can keep saying how everyone wants to play for Ron though.

8 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

1 of those 2 players has been placed on administrative leave and can't sign with anyone.

Anyone can sign Urias, administrative leave only exists during the season

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

You have to think a lot of teams viewed him as a 4th or 5th starter. 

Yep, and now makes more sense why he waited until essentially the last minute to make a deal. Presumably was trying to find someone to guarantee more than this, given that it's significantly lower than most people were predicting he'd get.