• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

1 minute ago, Chuck said:

Interesting that they have Yamamoto who has never pitched in MLB as the top free agent pitcher over Blake Snell who literally just won the NL Cy Young. 

412657484_918668732951982_1944532343884859160_n.jpg

That’s the scary part. No way he’s faced this level of competition before. How can you justify one of the biggest pitching contracts ever without playing in the mlb? 

3 minutes ago, BTH said:

Because he’s 25 with 80 command and an upper 90s fastball.

Who is he pitching against? It’s one thing to throw gas against big leaguers, it’s another to throw it against the JV team. 

I understand he did well in the WBC but to hand out a contract that big is a little crazy.

12 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Who is he pitching against? It’s one thing to throw gas against big leaguers, it’s another to throw it against the JV team. 

I understand he did well in the WBC but to hand out a contract that big is a little crazy.

Same things were said about Ohtani. This dude is basically Ohtani without the hitting.

I think Japan is far more than "the JV team". Things are different over there, but considering how players have come over and had success recently I would give them a little more credit. 

It's like AAAA+ if we're comparing it to MLB. 

Doesn't mean he'll be successful but the odds are pretty good. It's not just about stats; MLB scouts are looking at his pitches and projecting how they would fair against MLB hitters. 

Considering the Dodgers are all in on him is an indication that the general belief is he could be something very special.

14 minutes ago, jeskola said:

Also thumbs down to Bing AI image creator

All censorship, all the time, in 2023 America.  You gotta run your own instance of AI to bypass the censors.

This is the best I could get out of SD.  I had forgotten some of the other teams Downs Jeter played for: D TAV and INEW DERS.  But he had his best seasons for DEW YARN.

grid-0002.png

59 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

His fastball velocity isn’t gonna change because he’s throwing to major leaguers instead of players in Japan…

38 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm not advocating going after him at all, but it's been surprising to see Matt Chapman get as little attention as he has so far.

5 or 6 gold gloves at third. Big fan of defense at third , it’s a right handed hitter pull hitter league.

Never really a fan of his but lock down d so hard to come by. Don’t think we have this in minors.

Not that he is on same level offensively but the last 3rd baseman we passed on Beltre still haunts some of us.

I know it's not going to happen because Arte is gonna Arte, but I'd be fine if the Angels just keep signing guys on minor league deals.

I mean is Snell going to get us to the playoffs? Bellinger? 

I'd rather have those 4 draft picks in the first 83 picks. 5 in the first 113. Wake Forest has a ton of talent likely to go in the first round so...

44 minutes ago, BTH said:

His fastball velocity isn’t gonna change because he’s throwing to major leaguers instead of players in Japan…

Nobody says it would. I’m saying the guys swinging at it are far better. I’m not saying he’s a bad pitcher. I’m saying I don’t believe he should be one of the top paid pitchers in the mlb without playing here. 

6 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I know it's not going to happen because Arte is gonna Arte, but I'd be fine if the Angels just keep signing guys on minor league deals.

I mean is Snell going to get us to the playoffs? Bellinger? 

I'd rather have those 4 draft picks in the first 83 picks. 5 in the first 113. Wake Forest has a ton of talent likely to go in the first round so...

I agree with that. I want the draft capital too. 

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm not advocating going after him at all, but it's been surprising to see Matt Chapman get as little attention as he has so far.

If they're willing to move Rendon to 1B I'd love Chapman.

Fantastic glove and hits the ball hard. it would be like signing Hunter right after Steve Finley and GMJ to a whole new level. Rendon was obviously supposed to solidify 3B  and Chapman is probably a tough sell for Arte.