• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

3 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I mean, you're excusing a guy from the worst team organized cheating scandal since the 1919 White Sox. This isn't like steroid users, who did it with the teams' blessing at the worst. Those 25 men should've been investigated, the worst offenders banned, and the world series title should've been vacated. Then no one would've done it again, but baseball backed down.

(AND yes, I know others played on that team like Max Stassi, and Joe Musgrove, Devenski, etc. Marisnick was intrinsically involved)

I remember the 1919 scandal. That is year Joe Jackson bet and lost his shoes.

14 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I mean, you're excusing a guy from the worst team organized cheating scandal since the 1919 White Sox. This isn't like steroid users, who did it with the teams' blessing at the worst. Those 25 men should've been investigated, the worst offenders banned, and the world series title should've been vacated. Then no one would've done it again, but baseball backed down.

(AND yes, I know others played on that team like Max Stassi, and Joe Musgrove, Devenski, etc. Marisnick was intrinsically involved)

Who is excusing it? You're somehow blaming Perry...the guy is trying to fill out a roster. Its not like guys are beating the drum (pun intended) to come to the angels. 

I completely agree that those players should be banned from baseball. Since they arent...they will get opportunities to play around the league. 

12 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

I don’t think we have the juice to acquire Burnes but man would he help solve a lot of problems 

What would it cost in addition to Sandoval?

Would Moreno finally have the fortitude to give an ace like Burnes that kind of FA contract?

Edited by Angel Oracle

13 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

What would it cost in addition to Sandoval?

Would Moreno finally have the fortitude to give an ace like Burnes that kind of FA contract?

Burnes has said he's not really interested in signing an extension with Milwaukee or with a new team if he's traded.  He wants to explore free agency.  So if you're trading for him, you have to go into it thinking you're getting one year of him.

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

Why?

Seemingly Arte has had a grudge that goes back to 2008 over the attempt to resign Mark Teixeira and since then oddly enough the Angels have not signed any player that is represented by Scott Boras.

Playing the odds I would not bet on them signing any player represented by Scott Boras. 

But hey, this is just my dumb opinion based off of things I’ve read and evidence to this point that we haven’t signed any player represented by Boras since then, as far as I know. 

2 minutes ago, HaloBronco said:

Seemingly Arte has had a grudge that goes back to 2008 over the attempt to resign Mark Teixeira and since then oddly enough the Angels have not signed any player that is represented by Scott Boras.

uhhh, he gave a Scott Boras client by the name of Anthony Rendon $245M a few years ago.

Ever heard of him?

Just now, BTH said:

uhhh, he gave a Scott Boras client by the name of Anthony Rendon $245M a few years ago.

Ever heard of him?

Ok, did not realize Rendon was represented by Boras. 
Then clearly I should have done my homework before forming misinformed opinion. 

Since that was the last deal they’ve done with Boras I’m sure they’ll feel better about negotiating another deal with him moving forward. 

3 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Scott boras might be able to play more games than rendon . 

He was a 3rd-round pick by the Cardinals in the '70s.  Played 3B and 2B, just like Rendon (though more 2B than 3B).  Had a .393 OBP in the minors!

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=boras-001sco

EDIT: Just realized he was drafted by the Royals, but played in the Cardinals system.

Edited by jsnpritchett

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Who is excusing it? You're somehow blaming Perry...the guy is trying to fill out a roster. Its not like guys are beating the drum (pun intended) to come to the angels. 

I completely agree that those players should be banned from baseball. Since they arent...they will get opportunities to play around the league. 

You don't know that the Angels aren't an appealing destination to baseball players.

Just now, HaloBronco said:

Ok, did not realize Rendon was represented by Boras. 
Then clearly I should have done my homework before forming misinformed opinion. 

Since that was the last deal they’ve done with Boras I’m sure they’ll feel better about negotiating another deal with him moving forward. 

No worries.

When they made that deal with Rendon, Arte pulled Boras aside after a meeting about Cole and said he had his eyes on Rendon.

So I think that shows that Arte isn’t afraid to deal directly with Boras. Iirc, Boras even joked about their past dealings at the Rendon presser.

1 minute ago, BTH said:

No worries.

When they made that deal with Rendon, Arte pulled Boras aside after a meeting about Cole and said he had his eyes on Rendon.

So I think that shows that Arte isn’t afraid to deal directly with Boras. Iirc, Boras even joked about their past dealings at the Rendon presser.

Yep agree, it would show that Arte isn’t afraid to deal with Boras. 

On 12/18/2023 at 1:13 PM, Stradling said:

Ok. Find a young player that plays 1st and 3rd in free agency that puts up Turner’s numbers that won’t require a 5-8 year deal. Let me know who that is.  

That's a lot of caveats. You forgot "who can grow a bright red beard" and "who can expose teammates to viruses". Let's just sign Urshela.