• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

On 12/15/2023 at 2:59 PM, Angels 1961 said:

Lorenzen pitched very well for Detroit last year and was an All star. We will see what kind of deal he gets.

take a look at how he pitched after his no-no. look beyond wins and losses.

it's possible he was an all star because every team has to be represented. it's also possible that he was selected because he was decent (not great). 

7 minutes ago, Tank said:

take a look at how he pitched after his no-no. look beyond wins and losses.

it's possible he was an all star because every team has to be represented. it's also possible that he was selected because he was decent (not great). 

He did not pitch well have his no hitter. Second half for Carlos Esteviz was horrible also and still he looks like closer in 2024. Lorenzen numbers for whole season better than any halos starter besides Sho. Angels need help in rotation and not many FA starters  still on the board. Lorenzen numbers in Detroit were very good.

Cronenworth is an interesting option to consider and that contract is quite friendly for what he's able to do. The question is, if the Pads are really trying to cut salary and and if we'll willing to eat the contract, what would the return be? how many prospects would they include? 

Would the Pads do a 

Cronenworth + Thrope + 10 mil for Drury? 

1 hour ago, BTH said:

We don’t know what they’re going to do, but I’m just saying that Rengifo is currently in the starting lineup if you project it out today.

Unless you’d rather put Adams, Adell, Cabbage, Soto, or Stefanic in there instead.

He’s in the starting lineup now if Rendon isn’t starting at 3b (he could be the DH) or Drury isn’t at 2b (maybe slides to 1b if Schanuel needs AAA time)…Right now, I don’t think you can project either of those things or Rengifo as DH…We’ll agree to disagree…but it doesn’t mean Rengifo won’t get AB’s…just not sure, right now, how he gets there…we’ll see...🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, DMVol said:

He’s in the starting lineup now if Rendon isn’t starting at 3b (he could be the DH) or Drury isn’t at 2b (maybe slides to 1b if Schanuel needs AAA time)…Right now, I don’t think you can project either of those things or Rengifo as DH…We’ll agree to disagree…but it doesn’t mean Rengifo won’t get AB’s…just not sure, right now, how he gets there…we’ll see...🤷‍♂️

Right now, looking at the lineup it’s:

C- O’Hoppe

1B- Schanuel

2B- Drury

3B- Rendon

SS- Neto

LF- Ward

CF- Trout

RF- Moniak

DH- ???

So I’d pencil in Rengifo at DH (or Rengifo at 3B and Rendon at DH.

2 minutes ago, BTH said:

Right now, looking at the lineup it’s:

C- O’Hoppe

1B- Schanuel

2B- Drury

3B- Rendon

SS- Neto

LF- Ward

CF- Trout

RF- Moniak

DH- ???

So I’d pencil in Rengifo at DH (or Rengifo at 3B and Rendon at DH.

While I think this lineup could be better than expected with some good health (lol). Perry has another thing coming if he thinks this lineup is all set, we need some more power and depth of course 

7 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

While I think this lineup could be better than expected with some good health (lol). Perry has another thing coming if he thinks this lineup is all set, we need some more power and depth of course 

To be a strong lineup, you'd pretty much need close to 100% health from Trout and Rendon, as well as close-to-pre-2021-level performance from Rendon, AND you'd have to hope that all of the young guys make strides forward.  With no significant additions, this is a lineup that has zero margin for error.

9 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

This lineup healthy of course has the same pop as last year just at different positions. Trout healthy, O’Hoppe, Ward back at full strength, Even first base Schanuel will improve. I’ve always heard learn how to hit and power will come. Guy can hit. The opportunity to play small ball with this group will generate runs. I believe we have been the worst situational hitting team in the league for some time now. I believe with Ron Washington at the helm this will change. We happen to have a guy named Rendon that arguably is one of the best in these situations. Again if healthy.

I know I’m a homer but I really value great coaching and leadership. I miss small ball.

15 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

To be a strong lineup, you'd pretty much need close to 100% health from Trout and Rendon, as well as close-to-pre-2021-level performance from Rendon, AND you'd have to hope that all of the young guys make strides forward.  With no significant additions, this is a lineup that has zero margin for error.

Bellinger helps, I think? Idk if he’s back to being good or will be another Angel mega deal bust. But if he can be had for 150-175 mill I wouldn’t be against it 

4 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

Bellinger helps, I think? Idk if he’s back to being good or will be another Angel mega deal bust. But if he can be had for 150-175 mill I wouldn’t be against it 

I still think he's the biggest boom-or-bust guy among the free agents.  And there are reports he's looking for $200M+ (though, of course, that doesn't mean he'll get it).

Very little depth right now. Stefanic for INF and Calhoun (Willie) in OF. Cheap additions could be Tim Anderson and hopefully Ron Washington and coaches can turn him around. Brandon Belt, Joc Pederson, Moose from left side or Mitch Garver from right side. Fans forget Neto, O'Hoppe and Schanuel very young with little experience. Team lacks depth because of poor minor league system.

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I still think he's the biggest boom-or-bust guy among the free agents.  And there are reports he's looking for $200M+ (though, of course, that doesn't mean he'll get it).

Stay away from Bellinger put that money in pitching. Sign Clevenger and some other starter and BP piece.

9 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Another cheap left handed bat can play 1B, 2B, 3B with lifetime 367 OBP. Perry likes dealing with this club. 

Are you talking about Matt Carpenter?  He's terrible now.  Lol.  He had a freaky 2022 streak with the Yankees, but aside from that, he hasn't been a passable hitter since 2018.