• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

1 minute ago, EdmontonAngelsFan said:

Have a feeling Ohtani is holding everything up.

It's obvious and it's not the players holding up to see $ amount. It's the other teams waiting for their next course of action. 

If he comes back to the Angels then suddenly the Blue Jays and Dodgers fire to the trade market. 

Also why the Angels haven't made moves yet. They're waiting on Ohtani.

45 minutes ago, Chuck said:

You don't need an apostrophe for the Angels my man! 

I am shocked at how common it is for people to insist on inserting an apostrophe into a word to make it plural.

And they stick to it even if you correct them.  It’s their thing I guess.  You might even say they are possessive about it?

20 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

It's obvious and it's not the players holding up to see $ amount. It's the other teams waiting for their next course of action. 

If he comes back to the Angels then suddenly the Blue Jays and Dodgers fire to the trade market. 

Also why the Angels haven't made moves yet. They're waiting on Ohtani.

Top players waiting Snell, Bellinger, Yamamoto plus others would have more teams after them. Same with SD trading Soto if Toronto misses out on Ohtani and goes after Soto his price would go up.

14 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I am shocked at how common it is for people to insist on inserting an apostrophe into a word to make it plural.

And they stick to it even if you correct them.  It’s their thing I guess.  You might even say they are possessive about it?

I know my 5th year HS English teacher it also shocked her. To this day her hair still looks like she stuck her finger in a light socket.

16 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Top players waiting Snell, Bellinger, Yamamoto plus others would have more teams after them. Same with SD trading Soto if Toronto misses out on Ohtani and goes after Soto his price would go up.

Yamamoto was always expected to be a while after the Winter Meetings. He'll probably sign after Christmas. 

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

For sure. Sometimes I think just have to handle the cards you’re dealt. Maybe in a backwards way it would make a righty-heavy bullpen work in tandem.

Obviously I’m on the Sandoval train too - heck I’m the conductor - so I wouldn’t see his left-handedness as an issue. 

That's not how pre-series scouting and a hitting Philosophy for an upcoming series works.. iF a team is running 3 Lefties in a row at you with the same repertoire and arm slot. Then it decreases half the prescouting and you only have to deal with tendencies.

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

The Dodgers/Dave Roberts being so open about Ohtani leads me to think he isn't signing there, and they're hoping when that becomes public it will look like he spurned them, and not that they didn't do enough to lock it in. 

Man I hope this is true