• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels hire Ron Washington as manager

mmc

I feel like a lot of stuff the manager does is irrelevant since the front office is behind most of the strategy and decisions made. I think he has the kind of personality and knowledge and ability to teach that makes for a standout manager.

That said, I don't know much about him, obviously. I know @VictorRojas29 said on the pod that Wash was his top choice but he didn't really get into much of his reasoning. Would love to hear more specifics from him since he has more direct knowledge of Washington as a manager than any of us do as to why he is a good choice. 

2 minutes ago, Hubs said:

He doesn't have (at least one) positive test for cocaine and a sexual assault allegation. 

Neither did Nevin and he was a shit manager. I don't care about his past drug problems. The assault allegations are a different story (which to be honest i dont have enough info or context to determine judgement, but if the guy is a good coach and better leader then that's all that matters. 

4 minutes ago, ArkyAngelsFan said:

A 2 year deal also sucks.

So what is your issue with a two year deal?

~ArkyAngelsFan~

Stability. Or really lack there of.

But at his age, I guess it makes sense. 

49 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

why the hell do people keep saying this nonsense!? It's the same thing with free agents....it takes two parties to agree to a contract. If he wanted the job he would have reached out. He didn't...therefore he wasn't hired.

Washington worked without incident for Atlanta for 8 years. For god's sake, we had someone with far more sexual assault allegations in the white house for 4 years. Get over the pretend outrage.

I could get on board with the "pretend outrage" theory if the Angels didn't just have a very high profile issue with drugs.

2 minutes ago, cals said:

"He was fired by the Mets on May 3, 2021 after 22 games. The team had scored the second-fewest runs per game in MLB"

Clearly, they were just terrific even after he left. Must have been completely his fault. Look at it this way...I could try to teach @stormngt how to spell, but i would get fired too because that would be impossible.