• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pick the next manager

Stradling

Pick a Manager  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Angels Manager?

• Buck Showalter
    • Torii Hunter
    • Darrin Erstad
    • Tim Salmon
    • Benji Gill
    • Ron Washington
    • Other
    • Gary Disarcina
    • Ray Montgomery

15 hours ago, BTH said:

Who should be?

I’ll say Erstad, since he interviewed well with LA.

Who will it be? I’m thinking it’ll be Torii

I would be stoked with either Ersty or Torri. I like Gil. Wouldn’t mind Showalter for his experience. 

Tim Salmon is one of my all-time favorite Angels but I’m not sure if he’s the right guy to manage. 

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If they were a beloved Angel it automatically means they would be an effective manager in 2024.

This place is much better than the socials in that respect. I picked Erstad because of his ties to the team, I like his intensity, and awhile back I heard an interview with him and he’s well spoken, has a good sense of humor, which was unexpected from watching him play. At the same time hoping it’s Buck because he has experience.  

Just now, BTH said:

The reason I don’t want Buck is he’s too similar to Maddon— someone with a big ego who likes doing things his way and getting involved where he shouldn’t.

If you want a veteran manager with ties to Perry, I’d prefer Washington or even John Farrell.

I would absolutely love Ron Washington. Victor Rojas picked him on one of our last podcast episodes of the season (I think ep. 23) as his top choice. 

2 minutes ago, BTH said:

Salmon is the one candidate that just doesn’t make any sense to me.

Torii Hunter has no managerial experience and yet plenty are on board because they like him as a person. I don't care if the guy is likeable or a former player on the Angels, I'd just like to see some competence, structure and consistency.

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Torii Hunter has no managerial experience and yet plenty are on board because they like him as a person. I don't care if the guy is likeable or a former player on the Angels, I'd just like to see some competence, structure and consistency.

Torii last played in 2015 and was a special assistant in the Twins front office as recently as 2021.

Salmon last played in 2006.

9 minutes ago, BTH said:

The reason I don’t want Buck is he’s too similar to Maddon— someone with a big ego who likes doing things his way and getting involved where he shouldn’t.

If you want a veteran manager with ties to Perry, I’d prefer Washington or even John Farrell.

I don’t see them as similar at all. I don’t see Buck as having an ego. They are around the same age. One is a personality who read his own headlines and the other Goes to work everyday and focuses on fundamentals. 

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don’t see them as similar at all. I don’t see Buck as having an ego. They are around the same age. One is a personality who read his own headlines and the other Goes to work everyday and focuses on fundamentals. 

On the Foul Territory podcast today, Ken Rosenthal said:

“The problem is the individual styles of Showalter and Maddon sometimes do not do well with front offices... They’re seen as individualists, guys who want to do their own thing. Not necessarily collaboration mode”

28 minutes ago, BTH said:

On the Foul Territory podcast today, Ken Rosenthal said:

“The problem is the individual styles of Showalter and Maddon sometimes do not do well with front offices... They’re seen as individualists, guys who want to do their own thing. Not necessarily collaboration mode”

And yet, as you’ve pointed out, Perry wants Buck, so they must feel like he’d be fine working with this front office. 

As a person i've never met, I couldn't be more certain that Tim Salmon would probably be the nicest person I could ever meet. He just gives off that vibe.

Not sure that equals great manager tho.

I don't know what WOULD equal a great manager, but Erstad is my best guess at what would be one.

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

And yet, as you’ve pointed out, Perry wants Buck, so they must feel like he’d be fine working with this front office. 

Or the front office that succeeds him next year.