• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Texas Rangers sign Manny Ramirez

Pretty obvious you're someone who still can't seem to let go of Hamiltons drug past despite his success in quitting and making something of himself via Major League Baseball.

Repeatedly referring to it as some sort of tool to throw low blows says all you have to know about someone with no class.

Ramirez has not been shown to have done PEDs since 2011 so maybe you should stop using it as a reason to disparage him too

Ramirez has not been shown to have done PEDs since 2011 so maybe you should stop using it as a reason to disparage him too

Don't be dense, you're trying to form shapes to make an example how the two players are somehow similar but its not even close to the same thing.

Manny literally got kicked out of baseball because he couldn't stop using steroids. He was suspended using drugs while playing on a Major League Baseball field TWICE.

He has repeatedly given the public examples of how he has no intentions of being a class act, and so it is fitting that he is with an organization that exhibits none as well. 

Part of the reason Manny hasn't been producing is awful mechanics.  I wonder if the Rangers think if they fix his mechanics he will be serviceable.

I don't think the question is serviceable.  I think it's more of, if our worst batter is at bat late in a game, and we need something, will Manny be better.  I don't follow the Rangers, so I don't know.  

I do know, in the Angels case, in years past, we've had Mathis up, and looked at the bench and it's depressing that Mathis was the best available.  

And I think Shuck could be that person on the bench for us once Bourjos comes back.

Every spot in the roster is important defensively.  Just look at when we had to play Brendan Harris when Bourjos and Hamilton were out.  Manny is a circus act and washed up.  No reason to have that idiot on this team.

My thoughts: BOO on you Rangers. Not that you have a history of being a class act or anything anyway. 

This is why I'm a 2 strikes and you're out advocate when it comes to the suspensions/bans. 

Manny is not good for baseball anymore. Period. 

First offense: Five-year ban

Second offense: Lifetime ban

That'll stop PED use dead in its tracks.

Why not?  The last season he had more than 17 ab, he was very good.  Doesn't cost much.  There are more than a few idiots in MLB.  Not a fan of the assclown, but he's one of the best hitters of his generation.  Low risk move. Nice upside.   Old, cheap, players previously suspended for PED use... are the new group of undervalued players.  

Texas gets a PED user for 500K on a MILB deal. LAA gets a former heroin user for 125 million on a Major League deal. Tell me who the classless franchise is...

last I checked heroin doesn't help baseball skills and enhance performance otherwise Boy George would be in the hall of fame

Not sure why folks are morally against this signing. He never has been convicted of rape (like a former Tampa Bay Rays prospect) or any other major criminal offense.

Because during his career he has exhibited no class or respect for the game, and yet he has been given chance, after chance, after chance and some of us are sick and tired of seeing someone flip off the entire system time after time to still have to see him swing a bat and participate in Major League Baseball.

The guy was horrible for Tampa back in 2011. What makes anybody think he can be somewhat productive now that he's 2 years older

Manager Mike Scioscia recently watched video of Ramirez, 41, from Taiwan and said, "He has the same swing he had when he was 30."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/angels/la-sp-0704-angels-notes-20130704,0,2779958.story