• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels waive Moore (claimed by Cleveland), Giolito (claimed by Cleveland), Lopez (claimed by Cleveland), Grichuk (not claimed), Renfroe (claimed by Cincinnati), Leone (claimed by Seattle)

mmc

Just now, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

I think they are will just be Happy getting the Hell off the Titanic before the cleansing starts! Oh, and NONE of them will ever sign here. And they will talk to their friends and players they share agents with.

This could become a complete shytshow.

Bullshit. Being put on waivers so you can go play meaningful games isn’t the end of the world. They aren’t going to act like victims in this. They know how they’ve performed since they were acquired. 

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So if they kept those players you’d be more confident in their plan moving forward?  I think those players respect this move by the team. I agree with @jsnpritchett, Ohtani is about to shut it down for the season. 

I think he wants 50 HR's.... he's just pumping his Stats to add for the PayDay now! Since he won't be able to pitch next season.

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok and leading up to making those trades how were they playing that week?

Take away the Detroit sweep (mediocre team) though, and they were 5-10 before the Toronto series when the 25 game stretch against over .500 teams started.   Not exactly truly playing like a contender in the long run.

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

You’d have to outbid other teams…of course that’s usually what happens….

Then why would you over pay? And they know your organizational philosophy doesn't work to be successful... Other than $$$ there would be zero reason to come back. The players Talk just like all the Color guys on the Radio, tv, post and pregame shows. They all know it's broken..

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Take away the Detroit sweep (mediocre team) though, and they were 5-10 before the Toronto series when the 25 game stretch against over .500 teams started.   Not exactly truly playing like a contender in the long run.

Why would you take away the Detroit sweep?  

8 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Then why would you over pay? And they know your organizational philosophy doesn't work to be successful...

The point was that the team a FA signs with is usually the high bidder….no different with the Angels and the 2024 class…

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Why would you take away the Detroit sweep?  

Exactly, every team will be 50-50 its what you do in those other 62 games barring weather not made up games! So, you better be better than .500 in those first 100 games.

Every game, Every series counts.

Why people say this or that regarding meh teams! You hammer the teams you're suppose to and battle with the good ones.

28 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Bullshit. Being put on waivers so you can go play meaningful games isn’t the end of the world. They aren’t going to act like victims in this. They know how they’ve performed since they were acquired. 

Its not a victim mentality.... when you know that the Organizational Philosophies are broken.

And none of them will come back. 

Because this car is broken.

2 hours ago, asuangelsfan05 said:

Works for me. It's time. 

2 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

TROUT will REQUEST a TRADE... once Ohtani starts free Agency a day after the World Series.

Sorry just don't see it all. Mike likes - no loves - living in Newport Beach and  doesn't want to be traded away from his $9 million dollar home. It's really that simple. Yeah, I know that he wants to win. I mean he's got to say that and all but the real question is, 'How much'? 

And that's the rub. Unfortunately, from what I've seen over the past several years he's not all that upset with the Angels losing ways ....at least no where near as upset as he would be if he was traded away and had to go somewhere else and leave his palatial estate in Newport.

Nope, my fellow Angels' sufferers Mr. Trout ain't going anywhere anytime soon. He'll just continue to get injured and rehab on the beach while he smokes some brisket and all

Surfs up!!

~ArkyAngelsFan~

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Really?    How were they going to contend truly, when struggling against over .500 teams.   That isn’t playing those teams competitively.  That would be going at least slightly over .500 against them.

By playing better. 

4 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Its not a victim mentality.... when you know that the Organizational Philosophies are broken.

And none of them will come back. 

Because this car is broken.

Seldom do players come back but it won’t have to do with waiving them. 

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Who the hell wants Renfroe, Grichuk, or Leone (or even Giolito, really) back anyway?

What was said they will come back if we over pay. I'm saying due to the waivers it doesn't show good on the Organization. You can spin it anyway you want. 

And 10000% players Talk!

If you want to take their $$$ have low expectations and know if they can't trade you that they may waive you to go elsewhere. Which is nice for the player to score a PLAYOFF SHARE and a RING. 

In reality they see it as a waste of time.