• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Top Priorities for 2024

The Angels imo are not far off from being a team that can win the AL west. 

It is unlikely (again) that the injury plague will continue at the level of 2022 and 2023.  If it does, the halos are screwed.

Non withstanding another injury eroded, the Angels can fix things pretty easily.

1. Sign Ohtani

2. Sign a true #1 starter of which there should be some good option available.

3. Sign another Closer. 

Even with the injuries this year, had the halos accomplished #2 and #3, my estimates is that they would have another 10 wins to date.

From a hitting standpoint, situational at bats, and executing the RISP offense can be addressed (and will be worked on during Spring).

Perry and Nevin did all they could this year, both grew in their roles, and will be more savy next year.  

Simple fixes then steady as she goes.

3 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

It is unlikely (again) that the injury plague will continue at the level of 2022 and 2023.  If it does, the halos are screwed.

Non withstanding another injury eroded, the Angels can fix things pretty easily.

1. Sign Ohtani

3. Sign another Closer. 

Even with the injuries this year, had the halos accomplished #2 and #3, my estimates is that they would have another 10 wins to date.

From a hitting standpoint, situational at bats, and executing the RISP offense can be addressed (and will be worked on during Spring).

Perry and Nevin did all they could this year, both grew in their roles, and will be more savy next year.  

Music Festival No GIF by Cosmic Accents

That's absurd.  What would another closer have done that Estevez hasn't?  He's been garbage over the last month or so, but still hasn't actually cost them many games. 

Also, there actually aren't many "true #1 starters" who will be available in free agency this off-season.  The best starters are probably Snell, Stroman, Urias, Nola, Sonny Gray, and Giolito, and most of them still come with injury or performance risks/concerns.

just clean house. Getting rid of that cancer-rendon would be an amazing start. Beginning with the scouts and those responsible for player-development.  Teams like the Atlanta Braves show how there’s baseball organizations that are highly competent at finding talent. At least that would be my hope for the ‘26 season and beyond. . 

10 minutes ago, 79CAAman said:

just clean house. Getting rid of that cancer-rendon would be an amazing start. Beginning with the scouts and those responsible for player-development.  Teams like the Atlanta Braves show how there’s baseball organizations that are highly competent at finding talent. At least that would be my hope for the ‘26 season and beyond. . 

He’s such a cancer that when he’s in the lineup, the team actually performs better. Again, this isn’t me defending ran down as much as it is defending against nonsense. Fans don’t like him but the team doesn’t seem to mind him in the line up. 

- Bring in an entirely new manager + coaching staff, filled with fresh ideas from the best orgs (TB, BAL, LAD, ATL).

- Go back to a 5-man rotation

- Play everyday players every day. (Adopt the Braves model, basically)

- Use the waiver wire more to churn through the back of the roster and find a couple “clean peanuts” every year.

Those can all address deficiencies on the team. They may not be as flashy as bringing back Ohtani, but they’re cheaper ways to get the most out of what you have. 

1 hour ago, Swordsman78 said:

1. Sign Ohtani

3. Sign another Closer. 

Lol dude. We all know you love Nevin but we are no where near close to winning the West. Until we can prove otherwise, we are absolutely Houston’s bitch. Even if Texas fades, Seattle is better positioned going forward than we are. 

Our best chance is to sign Ohtani and scratch and claw our way to a WC next year. We’re light years behind Houston. 

2 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

1. Sign Ohtani

3. Sign another Closer. 

We can just resign THE DOMINATIR

The most realistic and probable way of ever winning again

- do not attempt to re-sign Ohtani

- hire the worst possible chemistry coaches/staff to make trout want to waive his NTC 

- find anyone who will take Trout, even if that means packaging another high round pick and eating salary (Mets?)

- tank for 5+ years 

- use payroll when on the up and up in 2028

8 hours ago, notherhalo said:

The most realistic and probable way of ever winning again

- do not attempt to re-sign Ohtani

- hire the worst possible chemistry coaches/staff to make trout want to waive his NTC 

- find anyone who will take Trout, even if that means packaging another high round pick and eating salary (Mets?)

- tank for 5+ years 

- use payroll when on the up and up in 2028

Use payroll in 2028 to make bad signings so the cycle can continue.

We've had Ohtani for six years and never made the playoffs.  Even if he came back, what would be different?

There's no easy fix here.  Our talent just isn't on the same level of higher end teams, and our best player is 32 and injury prone.  It just is what it is.  We all know a rebuild is needed, but with the team infrastructure full of Arte's cronies and our history (or lack therof) of draft success, I doubt that we could do so successfully.  

We need new ownership, plain and simple.  

4 hours ago, Reveille1984 said:

We've had Ohtani for six years and never made the playoffs.  Even if he came back, what would be different?

There's no easy fix here.  Our talent just isn't on the same level of higher end teams, and our best player is 32 and injury prone.  It just is what it is.  We all know a rebuild is needed, but with the team infrastructure full of Arte's cronies and our history (or lack therof) of draft success, I doubt that we could do so successfully.  

We need new ownership, plain and simple.  

Angel's do have young talent in O'Hoppe, Neto, Moniak, Adell plus young starters who should improve with more experience. Need to stay healthy. With or without Ohtani I believe halos future is bright.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Angel's do have young talent in O'Hoppe, Neto, Moniak, Adell plus young starters who should improve with more experience. Need to stay healthy. With or without Ohtani I believe halos future is bright.

Funny you say that, I was thinking about the angels on my way to work and was thinking this is about the worst off this franchise has been since I’ve been following them as a small child in the early 2000s. 

Awful minor league system, a few good but not game changing young players on the roster (Neto, O’hoppe, Moniak, Adell), high paid, oft injured, and past their prime players at CF and 3rd. A pitching staff of #4-#5 starters that can’t seem to take the next step in their development (Canning, Detmers, Sandoval, Suarez), and then a meh FA starting pitcher in Anderson. The bullpen needs almost an entire rebuild with Moore and Lopez coming off the books, Estevez has shown he’s probably not a closer for a playoff team. Any young player that comes up somehow gets injured almost immediately(Joyce, Bachman, Neto, O’hoppe, Adell) It’s a mess right now. 

And the cherry on top is losing our best starting pitcher and offensive player all in one. This is probably one of the most fucked organizations in sports, the browns probably have a better shot at a playoff berth in the near future than us. It is NOT a good time to be a halo fan. 

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

O'Hoppe looked great before he got hurt, but hes far from establishing himself. Neto has had a great year and hes definitely a building block. Moniak is a platoon outfielder, with maybe Joc Pederson upside, but thats not a difference maker. Adell is, who knows.

They have some pieces for sure but this is a long way off from having a legitimate winning core. 

8 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

O'Hoppe looked great before he got hurt, but hes far from establishing himself. Neto has had a great year and hes definitely a building block. Moniak is a platoon outfielder, with maybe Joc Pederson upside, but thats not a difference maker. Adell is, who knows.

They have some pieces for sure but this is a long way off from having a legitimate winning core. 

Yep, pretty much what I've been saying.  I'm concerned that too many of us have invested too much in O'Hoppe and the reality is we don't know yet.