• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/8/23) Giants @ Angels: Giolito makes his Angels home debut

Hey! They actually can win a series tomorrow! With Ohtani pitching. What a novelty. 

Nice game overall. Never lost the first inning lead. Giolito was sharper and gave a quality start. The bullpen got the job done. A big game from Drury. 

I stopped looking at the standings. No point in trying to speculate. Whatever happens happens. Just one game at a time with hopefully sound, competitive play. 

30 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

The bullpen is simply atrocious.  

Another 2 strike pitch hit out of the park.

They can’t throw a strike when the count is 0-0 or 1-0 but they have no problem throwing 0-2 beach balls. Whoever they have as a pitching coach is getting paid for being incompetent. Half their losses are due to walks and 0-2 batting practice balls.

22 minutes ago, cjcinec said:

They can’t throw a strike when the count is 0-0 or 1-0 but they have no problem throwing 0-2 beach balls. Whoever they have as a pitching coach is getting paid for being incompetent. Half their losses are due to walks and 0-2 batting practice balls.

I don't watch the games on TV. I only hear the radio broadcasts. It's like a broken record this season to hear Mark Langston say one more time "That was on another 0-2 pitch." It's not Mark's fault. He's just pointing out how totally incompetent these pitchers are.

13 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

I don't watch the games on TV. I only hear the radio broadcasts. It's like a broken record this season to hear Mark Langston say one more time "That was on another 0-2 pitch." It's not Mark's fault. He's just pointing out how totally incompetent these pitchers and Matt Wise are.

FIFY

If this team doesn't have a 20 game stretch of at least 16-4, they have not chance. Even if they have a crazy stretch like that, they would still have to go 17-10 in the other games just to get to 90 wins, and 90 might not even be enough the way some of the other teams are playing. They basically have to win every single series from here out starting tomorrow, and get at least a few sweeps mixed in. Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? Hell no., but not impossible.