• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Next Move?

9 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Angel's next move is forget about WC. Let AL East fight that out. Halos need to win AL west. How many games out in west. Worry about what Astro's and Ranger's do. How did they do tonight? How many more games against them? Win the west forget about WC. 

They both lost but it skeptical about getting a wild card spot, let alone winning the west. 6 games back 

28 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Angel's next move is forget about WC. Let AL East fight that out. Halos need to win AL west. How many games out in west. Worry about what Astro's and Ranger's do. How did they do tonight? How many more games against them? Win the west forget about WC. 

Yanks, Astros lost...Rangers about to lose.

Blue Jays WON!

Put some foil on your transistor!

“When Cortez reached the new world, he burned his ships. As a result, his men were well motivated. Personally I give us…. 1 chance in 3”

— Sean Connery as Marko Ramius in Hunt for Red October

Angels have committed to 2023. Today’s win should silence any rumors of a last minute sell off. That said, we need more help. What would you do in the next two days to boost this club?

I would go bold and look hard at a Goldy/Contreras deal. Take all the money to limit the prospect return. With Ward out indefinitely and Neto in and out, we need some spark in this lineup. 

23 minutes ago, HBAngel13 said:

“When Cortez reached the new world, he burned his ships. As a result, his men were well motivated. Personally I give us…. 1 chance in 3”

— Sean Connery as Marko Ramius in Hunt for Red October

Angels have committed to 2023. Today’s win should silence any rumors of a last minute sell off. That said, we need more help. What would you do in the next two days to boost this club?

I would go bold and look hard at a Goldy/Contreras deal. Take all the money to limit the prospect return. With Ward out indefinitely and Neto in and out, we need some spark in this lineup. 

I've spent years on this site, trying as hard as I could to come up with a reason to quote Hunt for Red October. This was probably better than I ever could have hoped for.

Difficult to see the Angels having the pieces to make many deals....the two guys on the MLB team who, at least a couple weeks ago, seemed theoretically exchangeable were Rengifo and Ward, and one is hitting too hot and Ward's out for at least a couple weeks. The farm does not have many pieces left. I don't want them to move Paris because he may be needed next year, Rada won't have much value on his own, and of the two waves of pitching, one (Erla, Crow, Van Scoyoc, Kochanowicz, Daniel) has either already been traded, hurt, or not totally effective, while the other, (Dana, Madden, Kent, Albright) won't have much trade value at this point, and probably a bad idea moving them at this point anyways. 

We're probably shopping on the very fringe of the market, guys like Adam Duvall or Carlos Carrasco, who could be picked up for a marginal prospect and assuming salary, which actually might not be too bad if we really are not far from seeing Drury, Neto, O'Hoppe and Trout back, or just a straight salary dump, like Contreras.

There's really only two guys I see right now who have some shine that could be traded....Jo Adell and Sam Bachman. They're both hurt, so neither are really contributing to the playoff push this year at this point, and both have at least enough intrigue to warrant a team considering them.  Any trade involving them would probably be pretty 'dumb' as I imagine they'd either probably be used for rentals, or if not rentals, guys who don't have a lot of control or track record. I'm never been totally sold on Bachman staying healthy, and to date, he really hasn't been. Throw in shoulder soreness and....I dunno. Feels like this could be the right time to cash in value. I've never wanted to give up on Adell because I felt we'd need the OF help, but Moniak's breakout has eased that, and he's basically lost his last optionable year now'ed with the oblique. He feels dangerously close to being Brandon Wood'ed. If he doesn't run with a MLB job next spring, he's in extreme danger of being DFA'ed and lost for nothing or traded in a minor deal. 

Both Colorado and St. Louis seem like prime fits for either, TBH, and both have players we could use, both now and in the future, if we were so lucky to get non-rentals in a deal. 
Colorado has Cron, Grichuk, Profar, Hand, Suter, Diaz, Bard all likely on the block. Any one of them would be an improvement over at least one guy who will likely be on our current roster for the next couple weeks. St. Louis has unlikely scenarios around Contreras and Goldschmidt, but Adell swapping out with one of their struggling, controllable outfielders could make sense for both teams. 

It's not that I'm necessarily looking to deal Adell or Bachman, but, they're about the only guys we have left we can afford to lose without hurting this season who still have some value, and I'm not totally sold either are big-time future contributors either. This could be the last chance to get trade value out of either.

Edited by totdprods

I think we should at least try to guilt other teams into helping us. Like "cmon man... look at what's happened to us... for the past decade... just do us a solid.

MASH was on the air for less time than we've had shit luck. And we've had more injuries and tragedy than that show.

Bruce Jenner was a guy the last time we had a normal year. Cell phones still had keyboards the last time we had a normal year. Iron Man 2 was in the theatres the last time we had a normal year.

And when we still had a decent franchise, we willingly gave away guys like Napoli for Wells. And Clevinger for Pstano. It's not like we haven't helped others.

Cmon, man. Be a guy here. Be a good guy here."

Worst the other GMs can do is say no. 

Bit there's a chance at least we can find one who's like the Black dude in Airheads that listens to Brendon Frasier's speech, and yells "I played D&D, too!"

And maybe we get a corner OF for cheap. And a handshake deal that we will help out down the road when we can.

Like when we helped the Soviets in the second war.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

MASH was on the air for less time than we've had shit luck. And we've had more injuries and tragedy than that show.

Bruce Jenner was a guy the last time we had a normal year. Cell phones still had keyboards the last time we had a normal year. Iron Man 2 was in the theatres the last time we had a normal year.

it's like a poor man's update to "we didn't start the fire" by billy joel.

38 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

The Cardinals are notorious for pawning off on us their former players who have outlived their usefulness, (see: Freese, David).  A deal for Grichuk would be nice, at least we'd get someone who knows what to do with the bat. 

Nostradamus over here

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

28 hours remain to acquire one more set up man.

Can’t they just put Rendon on the 60 day list now, to make room for one of the acquisitions?

Today is day 28 of not playing, and he has to be at least a month away.

Because they didn't immediately place him on the IL, though, his stint didn't officially start until the 11th.

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

Doesn’t the 60 day list go back to first day not playing?

I could be mistaken, but I don't believe so.  I think it's the same as the other ILs: you can only make it retroactive for three days prior to being put on it.  They already did that with Rendon when they made his IL stint retroactive to July 11.  If he gets transferred to the 60-day, I don't think they can say, "Actually, it was July 4".