• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels activate Neto and Moore, recall Stefanic, select Cabbage, outright Fletcher, place Rendon, Adell, and Bachman on IL

mmc

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

When they say Fletcher was outrighted does that mean he’s off the 40 man again?

From Anthony Franco at MLBTR:  “The latest demotion is timed so that the Halos can keep Fletcher in the organization as a non-roster player. He entered the season 61 days shy of the five-year MLB service threshold. He has picked up around 39 more days this year. Players with over five years of service time can decline a minor league assignment while retaining their entire contract; those with between three and five years would need to forfeit their guaranteed money to do so. Fletcher certainly isn’t going to pass on the money remaining on his deal, so the preemptive outright before he gets to five service years will keep him in Salt Lake.”

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/07/angels-select-trey-cabbage-outright-david-fletcher.html

2 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Rengifo past 15 games has hit 286 with over a 400 OBP, last 30 games he's been at 247 average and 330 OBP. hopefully he's turning it around

Tough news for Adell, it was his chance, but it's cabbage time

Good to see Stefanic back and in the lineup.

cabbage-head.gif?resize=578,439

18 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I've had it with Rendon. He can go to a place that's hotter than Bixby Knolls. Total waste.

Why?  Because you want to see him play injured, and not have a chance to contribute?  When a player is injured I've seen far too many times where they hide the injury and hurt the team far more trying to play.  The latest example would be Bachman, he pitched with an undisclosed injury just before the break, and was not effective, now he is on the IL.

I know everyone needs someone to complain about and Pujols isn’t here anymore but to complain that Rendon is not tough enough is just plain ridiculous. It would be like having someone hit you in the tibia with a sledgehammer. Remember the same thing happened to LaStella and broke his tibia. It’s just not a “bruise”.

11 minutes ago, tomsred said:

Why?  Because you want to see him play injured, and not have a chance to contribute?  When a player is injured I've seen far too many times where they hide the injury and hurt the team far more trying to play.  The latest example would be Bachman, he pitched with an undisclosed injury just before the break, and was not effective, now he is on the IL.

Because he feels wronged by injured rich guy. 

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

I don't know that it's either one.  I get the impression that he's just a weird, awkward guy when it comes to dealing with the media. 

I'm sure that he has his problems with them. But, it is a reporter's job to ask &, sadly, his being "coy" IMO, conveys an arrogance that isn't particularly helpful to him/his current situation...

1 hour ago, cgoldangel said:

I know everyone needs someone to complain about and Pujols isn’t here anymore but to complain that Rendon is not tough enough is just plain ridiculous. It would be like having someone hit you in the tibia with a sledgehammer. Remember the same thing happened to LaStella and broke his tibia. It’s just not a “bruise”.

and what about all the other injuries, multiple suspensions, and overall terrible play when healthy?

He's in the $hit list of angel fans and deserves it all. 

12 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

and what about all the other injuries, multiple suspensions, and overall terrible play when healthy?

He's in the $hit list of angel fans and deserves it all. 

I don’t have any problem being disappointed in his play, suspensions and all the rest but this injury is like the last injury getting hit on the wrist by a fastball, bad luck and part of baseball 

14 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

I don't know that it's either one.  I get the impression that he's just a weird, awkward guy when it comes to dealing with the media. 

There's definitely something weird about him. I'll be surprised if he plays 200 games for the duration of his contract. Hopefully we can find a way to get rid of him before then.

We got fleeced.

30 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

There's definitely something weird about him. I'll be surprised if he plays 200 games for the duration of his contract. Hopefully we can find a way to get rid of him before then.

We got fleeced.

Body's breaking down. What's comical is him trying to come back, then getting injured again within a few days, like he's trying to set the season record for IL trips. 

33 minutes ago, DMVol said:

^^^This^^^  He’s not a head case like Hamilton, he’s just over 30…it happens…

No more big money 30 and over FA contracts, including in house ones

It’s fine bringing in 30 and overs on shorter deals to add experience and fill needs.

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

“Attacking”. If a guy grabbed you by the shirt would you feel attacked?  

I'm guessing you've been watching baseball a fairly long time.  How many times have you seen something like that? Wouldn't you agree it was a bizarre action which would suggest he's a headcase?

Your continual defending Rendon is so strange to me considering you seem like a very intelligent fan. 

2 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I'm guessing you've been watching baseball a fairly long time.  How many times have you seen something like that? Wouldn't you agree it was a bizarre action which would suggest he's a headcase?

Your continual defending Rendon is so strange to me considering you seem like a very intelligent fan. 

I defend against pretending to be a victim and hyperbole. So I’m guessing the answer is no, that if a guy grabbed your shirt you wouldn’t say you were attacked.