• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Phil Nevin is legit

Since78

None of this years current debacle is Phil’s fault.

He really has the pedigree, experience, knowledge, and attitude to be an excellent MLB manager.

It’s obvious that Gene Autry has cursed his team because Arte changed the name to “Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim” 🤢🤮from my beloved California Angels🥰…call me crazy

52 minutes ago, Since78 said:

He really has the pedigree, experience, knowledge, and attitude to be an excellent MLB manager.

It’s obvious that Gene Autry has cursed his team because Arte changed the name to “Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim” 🤢🤮from my beloved California Angels🥰…call me crazy

Gene Autry sold the team to Disney that changed the name from California Angels to Anaheim Angels. So Mickey Mouse is the rat in all of this. 

1 hour ago, Since78 said:

What pedigree?

What experience?

What knowledge?

What attitude?

I’d love to hear your thoughts there.

15 hours ago, Since78 said:

Nice theory except the franchise won the WS as the Anaheim Angels and not California. 

Although I do prefre California 

10 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I do like Nevins fire and desire to back up his players.  That is something I didnt see with Scioscia, Ausmus, and Madden

Agree on Ausmus, but Maddon always backed up his players as did Scioscia. I said it at the time, but those of you who were calling for Scioscia's job in his last three mediocre years are probably wishing he was back now.

I questioned Scioscia's decision making sometimes, but I never felt his teams were unprepared or poorly coached. I don't feel that way about Nevin.

16 hours ago, Since78 said:

Also, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim has been gone for 9+ years. It was changed after the 2015 season, so 2016-2023 it has just been Los Angeles Angels. 

2 hours ago, Hubs said:

Agree on Ausmus, but Maddon always backed up his players as did Scioscia. I said it at the time, but those of you who were calling for Scioscia's job in his last three mediocre years are probably wishing he was back now.

I questioned Scioscia's decision making sometimes, but I never felt his teams were unprepared or poorly coached. I don't feel that way about Nevin.

First, i was against Scioscia firing.  I posted in here that we should be careful what we ask for in regards to his firing.

Second, i rarely saw Scioscia get ejected arguing for his players and he never had his players retaliate when they got hit.

Edited by stormngt

30 minutes ago, stormngt said:

First, i was against Scioscia firing.  I posted in here that we should be careful what we ask for in regardsvto his firing.

Second, i rarely saw Scioscia get ejected arguing for his players and he never had his players retaliate when they got hit.

I guess I just remember him doing that a lot. Not as much as Phil, who seems to argue a lot of things, but he definitely got his two cents in when the umps were making bad calls or challenging his guys....

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&tbm=vid&sxsrf=AB5stBiXfJDXJlTeDFth-Qsw6RUjbhGmFA:1689107100466&q=scioscia+ejected&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiTtNelvoeAAxUdLUQIHQFWAtcQ8ccDegQIERAJ&biw=1458&bih=886&dpr=1

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

I guess I just remember him doing that a lot. Not as much as Phil, who seems to argue a lot of things, but he definitely got his two cents in when the umps were making bad calls or challenging his guys....

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&tbm=vid&sxsrf=AB5stBiXfJDXJlTeDFth-Qsw6RUjbhGmFA:1689107100466&q=scioscia+ejected&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiTtNelvoeAAxUdLUQIHQFWAtcQ8ccDegQIERAJ&biw=1458&bih=886&dpr=1

My memory could be flawed.

I think our managers have been rather mediocre at best since Scioscia left.  When you think you have a contending team, you hire some like Texas did this year getting Bruce Bochy.  Nevin is a little too inexperienced for me, same for Ausmus even more so.  Experienced managers can clash with the current trend which is the front office intervening with day to day player management however.  Perry and Joe Madden didn't mix well, but Madden wasn't Perry's choice from the get go.  My question is Nevin learning from his mistakes, and will he improve as time goes on.

8 hours ago, tomsred said:

I think our managers have been rather mediocre at best since Scioscia left.  When you think you have a contending team, you hire some like Texas did this year getting Bruce Bochy.  Nevin is a little too inexperienced for me, same for Ausmus even more so.  Experienced managers can clash with the current trend which is the front office intervening with day to day player management however.  Perry and Joe Madden didn't mix well, but Madden wasn't Perry's choice from the get go.  My question is Nevin learning from his mistakes, and will he improve as time goes on.

Ausmus actually had managed before in the Bigs. But poorly. Maddon was there before Perry, and if he doesn't fire Phil this season with this current slide, then it wasn't about performance last season, it was abut a personality clash.

8 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Ausmus actually had managed before in the Bigs. But poorly. Maddon was there before Perry, and if he doesn't fire Phil this season with this current slide, then it wasn't about performance last season, it was abut a personality clash.

Last year it was about Maddon being a loose cannon. The slide was partially injury but mostly miss management. 

Nevin isn't a loose cannon but oft times flips from being too timid to overly hands on, not much balance. But this slide is all about injuries to the entire infield and now Trout. Nevin's managing before losing half his starting core, between pitching and defense, was good enough to have them in a playoff conversation.

If Minasian fires Nevin it is because there is a can't miss manager out there along with other coaches. Otherwise it may just be coaching replacements.