• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels recall Jo Adell, place Eduardo Escobar on restricted list (taking US citizenship test in Miami), outright Chris Okey

mmc

Expect lots more lineup juggling with new additions now in the mix.  Possibly on a game by game basis, depending on injuries, slumps, matchups.  Especially with Escobar and Moose. Two veterans who were brought in to contribute now

Not terribly unusual to see platoons and switches in baseball, but with the Angels it's literally day to day with multiple positions and batting orders. There is an urgency now not seen in recent years. 

I should add that stability is a plus and desirable, but injuries have wrecked that approach. 

Nevin has a chance to really make an impression one way or the other. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Rengifo in the lineup again....

Can we be done with this guy?

Him failing to drive in the tying run in the 9th yesterday was the cherry on top of the shit sundae that has been Rengifo’s 2023 season. 

really unfortunate he couldn’t build off of last year and secure an infield spot. 

come to think of it the Angels have been lucky to be where they are at. Renfroe has been very hot and cold, Trout has been in the worst slump of his career, Ward hasn’t been anything close to last year, Walsh was not playing and then sucked really bad, Neto is hurt, Rendon is hurt, O’hoppe is hurt, Urshela done for the season, bullpen went through a complete rebuild in the first 2 months of the season, starters have not been anything close to what we expected. The only 100% positives have been Ohtani, Moniak, and the catching situation. 

so maybe if something clicks it can all go right and they take off in the second half, but based on recent history, we know the ending… 

21 minutes ago, TroutField said:

so maybe if something clicks it can all go right and they take off in the second half, but based on recent history, we know the ending… 

All the depth tells you that recent history doesn’t matter because it really isn’t relevant. If the team was built to handle adversity why compare it to teams that weren’t built for adversity?  Very bad players were replaced with league average performance. 

• mmc changed the title to Angels recall Jo Adell, place Eduardo Escobar on restricted list (taking US citizenship test in Miami), outright Chris Okey
38 minutes ago, Stradling said:

All the depth tells you that recent history doesn’t matter because it really isn’t relevant. If the team was built to handle adversity why compare it to teams that weren’t built for adversity?  Very bad players were replaced with league average performance. 

Because I haven’t seen my favorite sports team make the postseason for 9 years. It’s hard to buy in and get my hopes up only to be disappointed again. 

I get much more emotional about the ups and downs of the season, even though I’ve been making an effort not to.  You’re pretty even keeled when it comes to the angels, I struggle with that lol 

4 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Because I haven’t seen my favorite sports team make the postseason for 9 years. It’s hard to buy in and get my hopes up only to be disappointed again. 

I get much more emotional about the ups and downs of the season, even though I’ve been making an effort not to.  You’re pretty even keeled when it comes to the angels, I struggle with that lol 

So today, 24 hours removed from a loss is a good time to reflect on how this team is constructed different.  

24 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So today, 24 hours removed from a loss is a good time to reflect on how this team is constructed different.  

I was more so indicating that the Angels haven’t really had any luck on their side and a lot has gone wrong in the first half of the season. All in all they are lucky to still be 5 games over .500 and that leaves me hopeful that if some things can break right in the second half they are a playoff team.