• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Happy Father’s Day

My Dad's been gone for ten years now. The diabetes did a real number on him. Lots of baseball memories with Dad. Just a couple here. He took me to my first Phillies game in 1963. My hero Johnny Callison hit a drive that I thought was a home run. I stood up yelling. It was a fly ball to medium right. Dad smiled and told me to sit down. My introduction to the true dimensions of a ballpark.

In 1964 on Father's Day we listened to Jim Bunning's perfect game. Our family was spending the afternoon at the local swim club. In the 9th inning everyone was out of the pool gathered around transistor radios. 

Dad also nudged me into Little League but that's another story. My love for the game was greater than my talent.

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Fathers Day to all of you with children.

My dad has been dealing with cancer for 5 years now. Things seem to be stable at the moment but as we all know, that can change in an instant. My brother died of cancer three years ago and Fathers Day has not been the same for my dad since. This evening I will be making carnitas tacos for him and watching the Yankees vs Red Sox on Sunday Night Baseball.

We don't share the same politics, or taste in beer, and he grew up a Dodgers fan... but we both hate the Yankees and Red Sox. Nothing can break that bond. 

My father took me to my first Angels game in 1954 at Wrigley Field in South LA. He made the transition from the PCL Angels to the American League Angels because he didn’t like O’Malley and the way he barged his way into Chavez Ravine. He (my father) didn’t live to see the 2002 World Series, but I know he was watching it. RIP Pops. I hope 2023 turns out to your liking.

10 hours ago, Stradling said:

Hey guys just want to wish you all a Happy Father’s Day!  
IMG_0846.jpeg

My dad has been gone for about 9 years now, but he and my brother got me into baseball and more specifically the Angels. I’ve talked a lot about my dad over the years here. He was a good humble man, with a kind heart. He was quick to laugh at his own stories and jokes. His laugh was like Bert from Sesame Street. If your dad is still around, connect with him today. If he isn’t spend some time talking about him or doing something you enjoyed doing together. Me, I’ll be watching the game with my brother and spending time with my family. Happy Father’s Day everyone!

@Stradling I want to say I met your dad at one of the fanfests. 

Thank you for sharing bud. 

Happy Father's Day

10 hours ago, Stradling said:

Hey guys just want to wish you all a Happy Father’s Day!  
IMG_0846.jpeg

My dad has been gone for about 9 years now, but he and my brother got me into baseball and more specifically the Angels. I’ve talked a lot about my dad over the years here. He was a good humble man, with a kind heart. He was quick to laugh at his own stories and jokes. His laugh was like Bert from Sesame Street. If your dad is still around, connect with him today. If he isn’t spend some time talking about him or doing something you enjoyed doing together. Me, I’ll be watching the game with my brother and spending time with my family. Happy Father’s Day everyone!

Amen to that, Strad. Thanks for sharing. That is good advice; one never know how much time they have, so never shy away from letting dad know that you care. My Dad just turned 90. He is in good health with a sharp mind. Still drives and dispenses advice. His mobility is limited by knee and back issues from when he was young, but he is doing well. Happy Father's Day to you, too, Strad.