• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2023-2024

gotbeer

6 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Except that Galchenyuk was born in Milwaukee and has lived exclusively in North America since he was 15

LOL, can't even write the guy a good excuse.

Maybe he spent a lot of time in Chicago.

Anyway, he should be pretty much done with hockey in North America. So, he probably will end up in Europe soon.

https://theathletic.com/4700810/2023/07/18/alex-galchenyuk-player-assistance-program/

“I am deeply ashamed of my recent behavior and I am beyond sorry to everyone I offended and hurt,” Galchenyuk said in a statement Tuesday. “It was uncalled for, it was horrific and it has ruined this great new opportunity I was given by the Coyotes.”

At this point, he might as well start over in the Euro leagues where something like this isn't as scrutinized.  this rehab, is probably the first step.  I just can't see him getting a NHL job, or even an AHL job anymore.  It would be one thing if he was still a 21 year old, putting up 51 points.  But he's now 29, and that 50 point season happened over 5 years ago.  

• 4 weeks later...

https://theathletic.com/4793667/2023/08/21/alex-galchenyuk-misdemeanor-threatening-charge/

Can forcing a Russian (even an American born one) to stop drinking be considered cruel and unusual punishment?

Galchenyuk, 29, was sentenced to 30 days of jail time, per the documents. One of his days spent in detention counts as time served, with 27 days being suspended upon successful completion of an alcohol recovery program and 12 months without consuming/possessing alcohol. That leaves two days remaining to be served.

Edited by arch stanton

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

https://theathletic.com/4793667/2023/08/21/alex-galchenyuk-misdemeanor-threatening-charge/

Can forcing a Russian (even an American born one) to stop drinking be considered cruel and unusual punishment?

Galchenyuk, 29, was sentenced to 30 days of jail time, per the documents. One of his days spent in detention counts as time served, with 27 days being suspended upon successful completion of an alcohol recovery program and 12 months without consuming/possessing alcohol. That leaves two days remaining to be served.

They should ban it, and see what happens.

If he wasn't on the Leafs, people would be talking about how they overpayed.  But instead, it's a great deal.  lol  $13.25 million AAV, for a player who has only broken 100 points once, and it wasn't even last season.  Can't even point to playoff success.  

Maple Leafs, Auston Matthews agree to 4-year, $53 million contract extension: How the sides arrived at deal

Lol, ESPN announced the games for national broadcast. I counted two for the Ducks. The mean would have been about 7. They're telecasting us with Nashville and Minnesota. I guess Arizona was not available.

Move over Zegras. The new flavor (Bedard) of the year has arrived. I didn't count Chicago games, but there were a few.

23 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Lol, ESPN announced the games for national broadcast. I counted two for the Ducks. The mean would have been about 7. They're telecasting us with Nashville and Minnesota. I guess Arizona was not available.

Move over Zegras. The new flavor (Bedard) of the year has arrived. I didn't count Chicago games, but there were a few.

After the shitshow we showed last season, I can see why.  Hey, at least no blackouts.  Not that it maters with streaming.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Is it just me?  Or does this seem to be a bit much, for a player with only one season in the NHL?

Ottawa Senators sign defenceman Jake Sanderson to eight-year contract extension

Seems like how things are evolving. But you're right, it doesn't make a lot of sense. The best I have is some teams are afraid if they hold players to traditional models, they will leave (or threaten. Which means you have to trade them a year earlier) when their bridge deal is over. What's happening in Calgary is probably fueling this more.

It will take some time for this stuff to work into the system. But, the system will adjust. Salary cap is a great normalizer. If it's the new way, is it any worse than the contracts some teams give to aging veterans?

Anyone a Sabres fan? I am. We have the NHL equivalent of Arte Moreno...Terry Pegula. What a disaster he's been in the NHL, though his recent Bills history is good. Sabres have been out of the playoffs for twelve years and counting. Anyone a Rick Jeanneret fan? RIP Rick, the greatest!

8 minutes ago, Chico said:

Anyone a Sabres fan? I am. We have the NHL equivalent of Arte Moreno...Terry Pegula. What a disaster he's been in the NHL, though his recent Bills history is good. Sabres have been out of the playoffs for twelve years and counting. Anyone a Rick Jeanneret fan? RIP Rick, the greatest!

Besides a few Kings fans and a couple of Ducks fans, there's a Vegas and a Colorado fan. But don't let that stop you from joining in. Everybody is pretty chill. It's always nice to have another prospective.

On 8/30/2023 at 7:17 PM, gotbeer said:

After the shitshow we showed last season, I can see why.  Hey, at least no blackouts.  Not that it maters with streaming.

I signed on for AHLTV today. $65 for the season. The Gulls should have a quality team this year. A few guys that will eventually play for the Ducks. Time will tell if I'll watch it enough to be worth $65.

So, what do you think, one or maybe two cameras?

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Is it just me?  Or does this seem to be a bit much, for a player with only one season in the NHL?

Ottawa Senators sign defenceman Jake Sanderson to eight-year contract extension

Teams are doing this hoping that it ages well as the cap increases. In 4 years a top pair Dman at that price will be a bargain if he lives up to his potential

4 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I signed on for AHLTV today. $65 for the season. The Gulls should have a quality team this year. A few guys that will eventually play for the Ducks. Time will tell if I'll watch it enough to be worth $65.

So, what do you think, one or maybe two cameras?

I pretty sure it's not one by the highlights. Probably 2.  One close up one wide view would be my guess. I heard they draw well, so you will have to report the crowd sizes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that didn't last long. The Columbus Blue Jackets are already looking for a new head coach, before the current one even coached a game.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/38424585/mike-babcock-resigns-coach-columbus-blue-jackets

Babcock's resignation comes in the wake of allegations surfacing over the past week that he violated players' privacy when he asked to see photos on their cellphones. The allegations were first presented when former NHL player Paul Bissonnette said on Tuesday's edition of the "Spittin' Chiclets" podcast that Babcock asked Blue Jackets captain Boone Jenner to show him his camera roll before displaying those photos via AirPlay on a wall in the coach's office.

And who doesn't trust a program called Spittin' Chiclets?

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan