• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (6/7/23): Angels vs Cubs - Barria on the mound, Rengifo in LF

mmc

6 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

LIGHT UP THE HALO!

Why (Rhetorical question)……

Companies, teams should stay out of this crap.

Baseball teams, stick to baseball, banks stick to banking, etc.

Let politicians deal with political crap.

Either way you go you’ll end up alienating a certain segment of the population.

The best business move is to stay neutral.    

Good game all around. Barria got babip'ed to death in the fifth but giving up only two runs wasn't so bad. Even with that his ERA is a mere 1.85. 

Joyce is a god-damned high wire act. He's like Don Stanhouse, who Earl Weaver called "Full Pack" because by the time the inning was done you nervously went through a full pack of cigarettes watching him pitch. 

Joyce managed to survive an inning without giving up a hit or run but kept Trout busy running down hard hit balls. Baby steps. 

Bachman proved to be the surest bet in the bullpen. Nothing overly flashy and yet no one crossing the plate. He is helping stabilize that once shaky and unreliable pen. 

The Cubs are not a good team and the Angels should beat them, as they have so far. But the Angels still have weaknesses in their lineup. Nothing near as severe as last season where the entire 5-9 were black holes on the offense and gloves were as holey as swiss cheese. But Rengifo shouldn't be in the outfield and Walsh really needs to get his bat back up to the level of his defense. The starters need to produce more innings and not tank for four runs in a single inning, using up three innings of pitches.

A few small improvements and this team could go on a run. 

18 hours ago, Hubs said:

Rengifo still getting regular opportunities despite hitting .217 boggles the mind. Yes he's done well in the past few games, but so has Ward. And rengifo is Playing out of position.

Play Ward. Play Moniak, and Play Rengifo at 2nd. Drury at 1st.

So he didn't field well, but he sure hit well. And Ward was sick. I wish they would tell us this when they release the lineups.

17 minutes ago, Hubs said:

So he didn't field well, but he sure hit well. And Ward was sick. I wish they would tell us this when they release the lineups.

18 hours ago, mmc said:

Is two and a half hours before game time good enough? 

15 hours ago, asuangelsfan05 said:

Good win for the Halos! Moniak is playing like he belongs up in the majors and never wants to sniff Salt Lake again. Gotta love it. Also Bachman looks great tonight. I know it's the Cubs but I'll feel good about these last 2 nights. A year ago at this time we were in the middle of a 14 game losing streak so I'll take this right now lol

Man don't even bring up that 14 game abomination from last year. Mebbe my lowest point as an Angel fan. And there's been a lot of 'em since 1966.

~ArkyAngelsFan~