• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels recall Livan Soto, activate Chad Wallach, option Chris Okey, place Anthony Rendon on 10-day IL (left groin strain)

mmc

Remember a couple of years ago when Walsh and Fletcher looked like long time fixtures at first and second? It shows how suddenly things can change. Now with third base a question mark and catcher,  first and second (to a lesser degree)  rotating,  it makes Neto the most stable of the infielders. With all of his couple of dozen big league games. Including catcher, the entire infield is like a daily revolving door. 

Having decent veteran journeymen is a nice insurance policy, but not when they have to be in the starting lineup too often. And also some of them being moved from position to position makes it even more unstable.. 

The outfield (though Ward has underachieved) and DH are stable. But it's a patchwork infield. Injuries are a big factor, so the depth players really have to overachieve when the are in the lineup.

3 hours ago, halonatic13 said:

TBH, for Ohtani and it being a contract year...he's hasn't been that great as a 2 way player.  Offensively he's mediocre.  Pitching wise he's awesome.  I'm leaning to trading him so we can at least get something in return.

I've been thinking about the Ohtani situation and this is where I'm at also. I hate to have to let him go but the chances of him resigning with us seems to get bleaker every day.

3 hours ago, halonatic13 said:

TBH, for Ohtani and it being a contract year...he's hasn't been that great as a 2 way player.  Offensively he's mediocre.  Pitching wise he's awesome.  I'm leaning to trading him so we can at least get something in return.

Ohtani cannot go 3 for 5 every game.  That is why it is called a batting average.

1 hour ago, Duren, Duren said:

Remember a couple of years ago when Walsh and Fletcher looked like long time fixtures at first and second? It shows how suddenly things can change. Now with third base a question mark and catcher,  first and second (to a lesser degree)  rotating,  it makes Neto the most stable of the infielders. With all of his couple of dozen big league games. Including catcher, the entire infield is like a daily revolving door. 

Having decent veteran journeymen is a nice insurance policy, but not when they have to be in the starting lineup too often. And also some of them being moved from position to position makes it even more unstable.. 

The outfield (though Ward has underachieved) and DH are stable. But it's a patchwork infield. Injuries are a big factor, so the depth players really have to overachieve when the are in the lineup.

When Walsh comes back he will be a platoon player. I did think Rengifo would be a regular at 2B. Even in OF Moniak may be platoon with Ward.

48 minutes ago, ArkyAngelsFan said:

I've been thinking about the Ohtani situation and this is where I'm at also. I hate to have to let him go but the chances of him resigning with us seems to get bleaker every day.

This is the Angels we're talking about.  We'll make some kind of headway, hang around about 5-6 games out at the ASB and keep Shohei around under the justification of "having a shot".  Then we'll fade completely, finish around .500, and Ohtani will walk in the offseason for squat.

We all know this will happen barring some catastrophic collapse in the next two months.  

4 hours ago, halonatic13 said:

LMAO!  Maybe it is Blarg but when he gets hits it's not clutch.  Almost like Trout.  I think that is why it feels as though he is mediocre.  When he gets a hit, it doesn't "help" us.

Yeah, sure. There are 390 players in the Majors at any given time and you're shitting on the 15th best hitter because you think his hits aren't clutch or helping the team. 

He is first in SLG%, second on the team in OBP, home runs and RBI but 5th in runs scored. Guess which is not in his control? 

But other than that he is mediocre. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Yeah, sure. There are 390 players in the Majors at any given time and you're shitting on the 15th best hitter because you think his hits aren't clutch or helping the team. 

He is first in SLG%, second on the team in OBP, home runs and RBI but 5th in runs scored. Guess which is not in his control? 

I'm glad I woke Ohtani up today with my comment. 

13 hours ago, Blarg said:

Ohtani most talented player EVER to play this game. His days may be numbered with halos enjoy every moment.