• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels recall Livan Soto, activate Chad Wallach, option Chris Okey, place Anthony Rendon on 10-day IL (left groin strain)

mmc

Okey probably also being DFA’ed with Wallach returning. Rendon probably to IL, but if they think he only needs a couple days they could send an arm down in addition to Okey’s DFA and have Soto on hand for depth. Highly unlikely but Moniak could go back too, if they really only intended to have him up briefly to get Trout and Ward a day off their feet.

Edited by totdprods

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Okey probably also being DFA’ed with Wallach returning. Rendon probably to IL, but if they think he only needs a couple days they could send an arm down in addition to Okey’s DFA and have Soto on hand for depth. Highly unlikely but Moniak could go back too, if they really only intended to have him up briefly to get Trout and Ward a day off their feet.

Okey has options

28 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

Rendon literally said he doesn’t think he could move to get a ball right now. Just lol. He’s mentally half retired already, thinking of all the millions he’s fleeced off the franchise. Fuck him.

Easy buddy...it's just that time of the month for her.

1 hour ago, Revad said:

What if Rendon is done for a month or two, even the season.  Who would be called up in that event, assuming Soto doesn’t make that a moot point.

I think you are covered at 3b with Urshela and Drury.....maybe more Rengifo at 2b, less Drury there with more Drury at 3b and either Urshela or Drury in a platoon at 1b with Walsh?  It creates some issues (having to put him on the 40 man, not sure if he could be optioned again, etc.) but we could do worse than have Fletcher as a Utility INF'er....

8 minutes ago, Revad said:

What if Rendon is done for a month or two, even the season.  Who would be called up in that event, assuming Soto doesn’t make that a moot point.

If they want to bring up a traditional corner infielder to replace him, Lamb

Sometimes, I think Arte is perfectly okay letting Ohtani go because it opens up the DH slot. Both Trout and Rendon are getting paid a ton of money, and both are injury prone. I'm sure that's situation is not going to improve over the length of their contracts. If that's the plan though, getting nothing back for Ohtani but a draft pick would be the most nonsensical move of his ownership, and that's really saying something.

8 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

Sometimes, I think Arte is perfectly okay letting Ohtani go because it opens up the DH slot. Both Trout and Rendon are getting paid a ton of money, and both are injury prone. I'm sure that's situation is not going to improve over the length of their contracts. If that's the plan though, getting nothing back for Ohtani but a draft pick would be the most nonsensical move of his ownership, and that's really saying something.

TBH, for Ohtani and it being a contract year...he's hasn't been that great as a 2 way player.  Offensively he's mediocre.  Pitching wise he's awesome.  I'm leaning to trading him so we can at least get something in return.

12 minutes ago, halonatic13 said:

TBH, for Ohtani and it being a contract year...he's hasn't been that great as a 2 way player.  Offensively he's mediocre.  Pitching wise he's awesome.  I'm leaning to trading him so we can at least get something in return.

Your brain is mediocre. Ohtani's hitting line is 287/.361/.513/.874   with a park adjusted OPS of 137. 

His is ranked 15th in the AL for OPS which is all of .001 less than Judge at 14th.   

32 minutes ago, halonatic13 said:

Yes, I think he will test free agency. Angels cannot let him walk and get nothing.

• mmc changed the title to Angels recall Livan Soto, activate Chad Wallach, option Chris Okey, place Anthony Rendon on IL
  • mmc changed the title to Angels recall Livan Soto, activate Chad Wallach, option Chris Okey, place Anthony Rendon on 10-day IL (left groin strain)
1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Your brain is mediocre. Ohtani's hitting line is 287/.361/.513/.874   with a park adjusted OPS of 137. 

His is ranked 15th in the AL for OPS which is all of .001 less than Judge at 14th.   

LMAO!  Maybe it is Blarg but when he gets hits it's not clutch.  Almost like Trout.  I think that is why it feels as though he is mediocre.  When he gets a hit, it doesn't "help" us.