• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Cardinals (5/4/23 10:15am): Canning on the mound, Neto leading off, no Trout

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

I feel like if Trout skips 10% of games it reduces his chance of injury by 10%.

But it makes sure he misses at least 10% of games so the team is not getting 100% of Mike Trout.

I get players need a day off here and there but every tenth game seems excessive to me. . . unless they have some specific condition (like lingering plantar fascitis) that is best managed by a specific interval of days off.

Don’t get me wrong, I will take 146 games from Trout.  But if he is actually healthy, I am not quite buying that taking every tenth game off reduces his chances of getting injured. . .other than the fact that he is not getting injured that day because he isn’t playing that day.