• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2023-2024 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

6 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Oh well, Dostal would have probably won that game. That's okay though. We are seeing some of what can be coming in the next couple years.

Yeah, big thing about Colangelo that has it going for him.  Right handed shot.  That's a unicorn on the Ducks.  That he likes to shoot also helps.  And he goes to the net.  

Verbeek makes the occasional roster mistake. But, keeping Zellweger and moving Drysdale was a big plus move.

Slowly but surely, he is weeding through what he inherited and improving the team in most cases.

Barring another injury plagued season next year, we should be competitive and fun to watch.

Already looking forward to it.

5 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Verbeek makes the occasional roster mistake. But, keeping Zellweger and moving Drysdale was a big plus move.

Slowly but surely, he is weeding through what he inherited and improving the team in most cases.

Barring another injury plagued season next year, we should be competitive and fun to watch.

Already looking forward to it.

Yeah, can't wait to see cutter. People saying he should have won the hobey because he plays d including the pk.

We really need to get strome off the z/vatrano line. Strome is just too slow, and rarely in the play. And when he is, and Z gives him a strike, he just badly misses.

Zellweger really is making that top pairing with fowler off wing argument isn't he? He still has to learn, but he does keep the Puck in on his offside and still moves the Puck around like a Rd would do. Would make the off-season moves much easier not looking for a #1 Rd.

LOL.  I wonder if there is a bet?

Gauthier Has Brushed Off Criticism to Thrive

One Anaheim player, in particular, welcomed him with open arms, though that new friendship does not extend to this weekend.

"(Former Denver standout) Troy Terry reached out to me right before the Frozen Four and said, 'Good luck, but if you play my Denver Pioneers, not so much,'" Gauthier said.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Oh well.  At least we were in it.  Just shows, get people in front of the goalie, and good things happen.  We need more players that will plug up the middle.  

Plugging up the middle is the Vegas model. If you're following the Avs model you need more players that can get the puck up the ice with pace and purpose

4 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Plugging up the middle is the Vegas model. If you're following the Avs model you need more players that can get the puck up the ice with pace and purpose

That would be the Z model. Leo sometimes could. But he seems to be successful more on a rush chance. Z could do it from the goalline with a defense set up. And when I say plug up the middle. I mean in front of the goalie, like a Perry or maroon. Mctavish really is the only one on the ducks that consistently did it, and he's kind of built for it.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Weird lines in practice.

Leo/cutter/killtheducks

Z/vatrano/stoned

Terry/stonehands didn't catch the third player

Veterans!

The last harrah.

What's wrong with McTavish ?

The third guy is probably Lundestrom.

44 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

The last harrah.

What's wrong with McTavish ?

The third guy is probably Lundestrom.

That makes sense.  

McT, don't know.  Lower body injury.  Same with Jones, not sure what's wrong with him either.  

If this team was semi healthy next season, we'd make some noise.  

Oh, I was mistaken.  

Quack of Dawn: Ducks Morning Report - 4/16

Cutter Gauthier

Leo Carlsson

Alex Killorn

Frank Vatrano

Trevor Zegras

Ryan Strome

Sam Colangelo

Isac Lundeström

Troy Terry

Brett Leason/Ross Johnston

Bo Groulx/Ben Meyers

Jakob Silfverberg

Cam Fowler

Olen Zellweger

Jackson LaCombe

Radko Gudas

William Lagesson

Gustav Lindström

Urho Vaakanainen

Not sure why Lagesson is getting as much rope as he has been.  Vaakanainen is a much better player.  

On 4/16/2024 at 7:23 PM, gotbeer said:

Oh, I was mistaken.  

Quack of Dawn: Ducks Morning Report - 4/16

Not sure why Lagesson is getting as much rope as he has been.  Vaakanainen is a much better player.  

The 4th line could be renamed the 'who's not going to be here next year?' line. My guess is obviously Silfverberg, Grouix, Meyers. I think Johnston is here for the duration of his contract. We need him until we can replace him with someone more talented (Jones at some point ?). Leason seems to have a spot until he stops progressing.

With Vak, the only thing I can think is maybe he's a little banged up. Don't see why else he wouldn't be playing.

4 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

The 4th line could be renamed the 'who's not going to be here next year?' line. My guess is obviously Silfverberg, Grouix, Meyers. I think Johnston is here for the duration of his contract. We need him until we can replace him with someone more talented (Jones at some point ?). Leason seems to have a spot until he stops progressing.

Groulx and Meyers were given quite a bit of time to prove they belong.  But so far, they have shown they aren't good enough for the 3rd line, and really don't bring what a 4th line should bring.  Heavy tough play, that won't score, but will be hard to play against.  

I think I agree with you on Johnston.  He's signed for another 2 years, but it's $1.1 million.  So easy to send down to SD.  But we kind of need his toughness/he's the token pugilist that we need so that teams don't take advantage of our young guns.  On a fourth line, he hasn't proven to be a severe detriment.  Although he is unfortunately outmatched.  I thought he played best with Jones, where Jones was able to cover for Johnston's lack of speed.  He also really has no vertical movement, in that he can't plug into a 3rd, 2nd, 1st line like say a Jones can at least move up to the 3rd, maybe stretching the 2nd.  

Jones needs to stay healthy.  He has all the tools to be a long running 4th line guy.  He has stone hands, but not as much as Stonehands and Stoned.  He's also fast, and big.  RFA, as long as he's not asking for much, I can see him kept.  

Leason is another guy that at times looks like he belongs, then at times looks totally overmatched.  He just doesn't fit in the 3rd line.  And he really isn't a 4th line type of guy.  So another that I wouldn't be surprised if he's not offered a contract in RFA.  

And talking about 4th lines with upside.  What about bringing Perry back on a 1 year contract next season.  He'll be 39.  So obviously way too old.  But just a year, can fill in the 4th line sandpaper.  And if injuries pop up, he can move up and down the line.  At least we know he will go to the net, and be a pest there.  Strome has shown that he still thinks he's a playmaker, and abandons the front of the net constantly.  He's to the point where he should be on the 4th line.  KilltheDucks better start going to the net also.  Especially if Leo and Cutter are going to be on his line.  If both of them won't, then they are useless on their lines and those lines are pretty much playing shorthanded.