• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2023-2024 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Well, a good 60 minute game in Calgary.  What a weird ending by the Flames, not even pulling their goalie.  Every so often, we need these wins to keep the spirits up.  It's not like we would ever get the #1 pick anyways.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Well, a good 60 minute game in Calgary.  What a weird ending by the Flames, not even pulling their goalie.  Every so often, we need these wins to keep the spirits up.  It's not like we would ever get the #1 pick anyways.

Frozen 4 ends on the 13th. Maybe you see Gauthier for the last game against Vegas?

17 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Check the standings. In just the few remaining games, Calgary has a lot of room to still move up or down for the lottery. They have to say it doesn't factor in, but so often it is obvious it does.

For the Ducks, a third place finish gives us about a 70pc chance of getting a top 4 pick. Top 4 pick for the next guy is about 30pc. In the year we drafted  Drysdale, one place sooner would have given us Jake Sanderson (Whom I'm pretty sure we would have taken).

So, I see where we signed Colangelo, Pitre and Sidorov.

I know it's juniors, but Sidorov had 50 goals this season. And unlike King, he had 40 the year before in 13 less games. So, doesn't look like a fluke season.

Now, we need to sign Cary Terrance.

Changes in SD next year and maybe some future offense for the Ducks.

Checkout the goals/assists for Dionicio (add up both junior teams this year). Then check to see that he's a defender, not a forward.

Hopefully, like Verbeek commented, if you get enough picks, someone will come up big.

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I’m watching Dallas and Edmonton and the first two forwards out on the Oilers PK were Rico and Carrick

Rico was good at everything.  He wasn't great.  But wherever you needed him, he was the man.  

7 hours ago, deepdrive said:

So, I see where we signed Colangelo, Pitre and Sidorov.

I know it's juniors, but Sidorov had 50 goals this season. And unlike King, he had 40 the year before in 13 less games. So, doesn't look like a fluke season.

Now, we need to sign Cary Terrance.

Changes in SD next year and maybe some future offense for the Ducks.

We sign Colangelo.  He plays 1 game for the Gulls, and has a goal and an assist.  And he's a right shot.  

Pitre is also a right shot.  

If only Sidorov was a left shot.  But he is a pure shooter, so he has that going for him.  

13 hours ago, gotbeer said:

We sign Colangelo.  He plays 1 game for the Gulls, and has a goal and an assist.  And he's a right shot.  

Pitre is also a right shot.  

If only Sidorov was a left shot.  But he is a pure shooter, so he has that going for him.  

It's still early. Drafts look good until they hit the AHL. Then things start to take shape. We'll have a good idea if last year's draft is as good as it looks now next year at this time..

But, so far it looks good.

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if Z asks for a trade.  It's becoming bullshit that he get blamed for a piss poor coaching decision of having Stoned be a non factor on that line.  Ducks need a total coaching change for next season.

9 hours ago, gotbeer said:

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if Z asks for a trade.  It's becoming bullshit that he get blamed for a piss poor coaching decision of having Stoned be a non factor on that line.  Ducks need a total coaching change for next season.

I know there were injuries, but this is a better team than we saw this year. I can't see how the entire coaching staff returns next year. Someone has to be upgraded.

I agree with you. It feels like they're running him out of town. I feel like, if we get a forward in this year's draft, he will not be here past next year. I hope they know what they're doing. That's a lot talent to move out.

Just saw Cronin post game interview. He said he didn't hold Z out even though he didn't play the last half of the third. He's lost control of the team. Fire his ass and the rest of the coaches.

CBJ wins. CHI beats Dallas. 

We are one point away from guaranteed 3 or better in the lottery. With falling below Chicago a possibility.

A fourth or better pick in the draft would net us a high quality player in this draft.