• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Toronto Blue Jays vs. Los Angeles Angels (April 7th, home opener)

Chuck

13 hours ago, Jason said:

Yikes! Sounds like the bullpen is going to be their downfall this year 

Yep sure is, as it is Currently constructed…. 

Obviously they’ll need to add and subtract if they’re going to contend which they should because the rest of the team is good.

On 4/7/2023 at 11:00 PM, Stradling said:

And if you look at how Herget did facing Toronto, specifically Bichette, Springer and Vlad Jr last year they went hitless. He faced 10 Toronto batters and retired all 10.  

those are much smaller samples

On 4/8/2023 at 12:16 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think Nevin was simply referring to Herget’s success against RHPs. He said a few times Herget is their best right on right guy, which he absolutely was last year. 

Springer was 2-8 with a HR against Moore and 0-3 with 2 strikeouts against Herget. 

a few days late on this, but I guess it just comes down to filtering out which stats you want to use.

there are stats that say Herget was the right pitcher to use there, and there are stats that say he wasn't.

I'd hope that the Angels have done a thorough analysis to filter out which stats are the best to use to determine matchups. But that situation obviously didn't work out for a second time in a row.