• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani to make 65 mil in 2023

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

At this point he really doesn't need to sign for money, which puts more pressure on the Angels to win in order to keep him. He is already financially secure for life so he will be looking for trophy case over bank account. 

The Mets and Yankees can dream, but he's staying on the West Coast. Games at 7 PM EST are 4 PM here and 8 AM in Tokyo, whereas, 1 PM games would be in the middle of the night, at 2 AM. 

Dodgers are the main threat, and they're likely over the tax again, Padres are over the tax. I don't see Seattle really being a threat, leaving San Francisco. 

Angels can resign him, but will have to show they are winning.

15 hours ago, ukyah said:

he's saying the FA dollars earmarked for soto.

That and also the fact that Soto is going to make a lot more in arbitration most likely next off season. I'm not familiar enough with the Padres to know what their owner is thinking. Unless they back load Shohei's contract to fit in Sotos arb salary.

I wasn’t around the board much this off-season, but had a random thought and this seemed to be the most relevant thread to post in..

What if Arte partially backed out of selling because there’s a chance a new deal involves Ohtani owning a small share of the team? Is that even remotely possible/legal?

Edited by totdprods

17 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I wasn’t around the board much this off-season, but had a random thought and this seemed to be the most relevant thread to post in..

What if Arte partially backed out of selling because there’s a chance a new deal involves Ohtani owning a small share of the team? Is that even remotely possible/legal?

11 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Players cannot own a share of the team. 

They can, but it has to be approved by the commissioner--which, in effect, means that it's unlikely to happen.  

8 hours ago, totdprods said:

no, it's not legal