• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Cone picks the Angels as a team to watch

Chuck

Something about heading into this year just feels different. Yes we say that every year. But this year feels like were built a bit less heavily around the luck factor or relying on a hail marry for certain positions.  

I'm cautiously optimistic, and maybe even a bit more optimistic than cautious. 

7 hours ago, OhtaniSan said:

Something about heading into this year just feels different. Yes we say that every year. But this year feels like were built a bit less heavily around the luck factor or relying on a hail marry for certain positions.  

I'm cautiously optimistic, and maybe even a bit more optimistic than cautious. 

I have the same feeling. This isn't the "every team is tied for first place on opening day" kind of blind optimism. I have seen players brought in who should make a difference. As is usual with this club, everything hinges on health, but this may wind up being a very different season from what we have become accustomed to.

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I have the same feeling. This isn't the "every team is tied for first place on opening day" kind of blind optimism. I have seen players brought in who should make a difference. As is usual with this club, everything hinges on health, but this may wind up being a very different season from what we have become accustomed to.

Health will be key for sure.  I wonder about the defense, but look at the Phillies’ success.

Angels are 40-1 odds win the World Series.  I’m putting $5K down.  With the team improvements, with the front office urgency to win to keep Ohtani (and make mid-season deals to make it happen) and after the fire was lit in Trout, Sandoval and Ohtani in the WBC, that’s a no brainer.  

@Taylor I suggest you get in on this.  With the $200K you could put a down payment on the condo in Tustin you’ve always dreamed of.

18 minutes ago, cals said:

Angels are 40-1 odds win the World Series.  I’m putting $5K down.  With the team improvements, with the front office urgency to win to keep Ohtani (and make mid-season deals to make it happen) and after the fire was lit in Trout, Sandoval and Ohtani in the WBC, that’s a no brainer.  

@Taylor I suggest you get in on this.  With the $200K you could put a down payment on the condo in Tustin you’ve always dreamed of.

I'll chip in $20.

15 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Detmers Cy Young and Angels to do anything seem like great bets.

I'm biased, but a rotation of Ohtani, Sandoval, Anderson, Detmers is intriguing.  Don't sleep on Canning either.    His first 200 ip were average.   That'd be nice for a 5 or 6 and I definitely think he's capable of more

I agree.  I’m feeling quite bullish on the Angels right now.  

15 hours ago, Jason said:

I really hope this team is good enough and doesn’t have to rely on an expanded playoff 

Unfortunately we’re in a tough division. The Astros are still the team to beat and the Mariners and Rangers are really good. 

Should be a dogfight all season long.