• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels hire Trent Woodward

totdprods

"The Angels have hired Trent Woodward, the private hitting instructor who helped turn around Ward’s career. Woodward will work as a consultant, dropping in on the Angels or their minor-league affiliates from time to time throughout the season."

This feels like a great hire and maybe a sign ownership is more committed to system wide development.

@Jeff Fletcher is this a newly created position or is Woodward replacing the role of a hitting consultant from last year?

3 hours ago, TempeAngel said:

"The Angels have hired Trent Woodward, the private hitting instructor who helped turn around Ward’s career. Woodward will work as a consultant, dropping in on the Angels or their minor-league affiliates from time to time throughout the season."

This feels like a great hire and maybe a sign ownership is more committed to system wide development.

@Jeff Fletcher is this a newly created position or is Woodward replacing the role of a hitting consultant from last year?

It sounds like they created it just for him. I don’t think it’s going to be anything close to a full time job. I remember last year when I asked Woodward if he was interested in coaching he said no because he and his wife just had a baby. 

5 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It sounds like they created it just for him. I don’t think it’s going to be anything close to a full time job. I remember last year when I asked Woodward if he was interested in coaching he said no because he and his wife just had a baby. 

I like it.  I’d hire just to hang with Ward.  I really like what Minasain has done overall, though.  Jeff, do you have a sense of how Perry is viewed by his peers?  I’m sure they say nice things, but underneath that?

• 1 month later...

Pretty sure Trent would take a full time position if the money was right. I don't know how much a hitting coach makes at the MLB level but if the guy is good and not just some guy that use to play ball back in the day that needed a job then pay the man his money.  I am surprise teams don't put more into their hitting programs. I mean when you are paying David Fletcher 5 mil a year why not pay a successful hitting coach $300,000 a year to fix him. If he could fix Adell pay him a million.  

1 hour ago, Rollinghard said:

Pretty sure Trent would take a full time position if the money was right.

On 2/19/2023 at 12:30 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

I remember last year when I asked Woodward if he was interested in coaching he said no because he and his wife just had a baby. 

There is your answer. It isn't about the money and your $300k number is triple of what the job pays.