• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols hits #700

Whether it was self confidence or conceit you have to acknowledge how he bounced back after half a decade of steady and steep decline. Had he won the series with the Dodgers last year he could have bowed out on top in terms of team accomplishments. 

Instead he will bow out on top in terms of personal glory. 

But he still has a post season ahead, so anything possible. 

But career wise the numbers speak for themselves. Even if the greatness was almost all banked in St. Louis. 

And about that personal services contract, can it be traded to the Cardinal organization? Some how I don't see it ever coming about.

3 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

How much less could you care?

Anyways while his tenure here was a major letdown it may be while until MLB has someone else reach even 600 home runs.  From a historical perspective it’s definitely impressive. 

I'm just bitter over how disappointing his tenure was here. 

18 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Given the last seven years of rapid decline with the Angels I cannot view his current accomplishments being possible without breaking MLB rules. There is no way this dead cat could bounce this high just by returning to the Cardinals. 

Bla bla bla.  

Just now, fan_since79 said:

I wonder if he'll want to continue playing and try to pass Babe Ruth. With his newfound and mysterious resurgence of youth he might have 30 dingers by July.

St Louis should give him a three -year extension so he can hit 800 home runs. 

Hey maybe you should call him!

Even Albert couldn't help the Angels. I mean seriously how does an organization let a guy like Cole Calhoun hit ahead of Pujols ? The guy has more career strikeouts than hits. Batting Pujols 5th was the start of some thinking he might have been through and the hitting only left handed pitching was another terrible idea. If anything the Angels robbed him of his ability to help the team with  dumb management and roster built be amateurs. The organization has been stinking for decades. You got two players that have all the talent in the world in Shoei and Trout and they have played a total of 3 playoff games.  Heck my favorite playoff moment last remembered was back in 1995 when the Angels lost a one playoff game to the Mariners. Yeah it was  a loss but it was close. So congrats in Albert and I hope to see him play in another World Series.  Heck maybe we get to see him climb the all time post season homerun homerun list. He has 19 prior to this post season. 

1 hour ago, cals said:

AW: Home of Baseball’s Fattest and Most Bitter Ex-Girlfriends.

meh.  You could use some new material.  

It's pretty cool to see someone hit 700 hrs from a baseball perspective.  But frankly, the guy just sort of annoys me and always has.  Particularly when he became an Angel.  He's always been fairly arrogant and from the word go he acted like he was doing us all a favor by gracing us with his presence.  Like that person we all know who's done some great stuff and interesting things but being around them is just sort of irritating.  

I think it's kinda sad/funny that at 42 he's having than 6 of the 9 seasons he was here.  And really, the only explanation is that as an Angel he just somehow couldn't motivate himself beyond his own personal accomplishments.  Like it was on the franchise and fans to have appreciated his legend yet no one really gave a crap.  

And, again, while it's and amazing accomplishment, I am struck with little more than indifference for who did it.