• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022 College Football Thread

Well the FBS portal is up and running this morning and as of noon EST, 304 student/athletes have entered the portal.  I wonder if these athletes know that only 23% of athletes who entered the portal found new teams?  

Oh and by the way, Kedon Slovis has entered the portal.  Again

8 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

I wonder if these athletes know that only 23% of athletes who entered the portal found new teams?  

I'm sure that the assumption is that multiple teams will be clamoring for their services. A lot of them wind up dropping down to FCS programs because there aren't enough slots to go around, after schools sign their high school recruiting classes.

9 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Well the FBS portal is up and running this morning and as of noon EST, 304 student/athletes have entered the portal.  I wonder if these athletes know that only 23% of athletes who entered the portal found new teams?  

Oh and by the way, Kedon Slovis has entered the portal.  Again

I wonder who we can buy this off season ??

just going with the narrative here 

On 12/6/2022 at 7:46 AM, PattyD22 said:

It doesn’t buy wins either.

Twice

And people wonder why I have no respect for Lincoln Riley, despite the fact that he coached at my alma mater. I hope that he didn't sell the people at USC on integrity being part of the deal, because there isn't any.

3 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Mike Leach is supposedly in very poor condition and in a hospital.  Seemed to come out of nowhere

Word is massive MI, and prognosis is not good.

That sucks because he is one of the more quotable coaches out there.  His answers to interview questions are pretty classic.

5 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Word is massive MI, and prognosis is not good.

That sucks because he is one of the more quotable coaches out there.  His answers to interview questions are pretty classic.

Prognosis is terminal. Brain death, being kept alive by a ventilator until the last of the family arrives. Life support will be discontinued, at which point he will be declared clinically dead.

Same thing that I went through with my best friend on November 12 (not a stroke, but the life support part).

19 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Prognosis is terminal. Brain death, being kept alive by a ventilator until the last of the family arrives. Life support will be discontinued, at which point he will be declared clinically dead.

Same thing that I went through with my best friend on November 12 (not a stroke, but the life support part).

That sucks. I liked Leach. Dude was a character. My mom had some weird hatred for him and we could never figure out why.

Mike Leach has passed away at age 61.  His final act was to donate his organs to people who need them.

RIP, Coach Pirate.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/mike-leach-dies-at-61-mississippi-state-coach-air-raid-innovator-had-complications-from-heart-condition/

Edited by PattyD22

On 12/11/2022 at 10:20 PM, Tank said:

for anyone who hasn't seen the schedule yet . . .

on 1/1, it's penn state vs. utah in the rose bowl.

on 12/31, it's michigan vs. tcu in the fiesta bowl.

on 12/31, it's ohio state vs. georgia in the peach bowl.

Actually the Rose Bowl will be played on Jan. 2, 2023.

46 minutes ago, Jay said:

Actually the Rose Bowl will be played on Jan. 2, 2023.

good catch. pasadena still uses there sunday church policies. the parade is on the 2nd, also.

the best thing about it is that it gives me one extra day off before returning to school on tuesday.

9 hours ago, Tank said:

good catch. pasadena still uses there sunday church policies. the parade is on the 2nd, also.

the best thing about it is that it gives me one extra day off before returning to school on tuesday.

I always figured it was because of the NFL.