• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bally Sports+ launching September 26th

mmc

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Bally Sports+ is currently available for viewers in select regions: Bally Sports Detroit, Bally Sports Florida, Bally Sports Kansas City, Bally Sports Sun and Bally Sports Wisconsin

It doesn’t come for West/SoCal until September 26th but interestingly the Angels are absent from this tweet.  Looks like they don’t have the rights to stream the Angels yet but reading their FAQ, it says they plan on expanding the baseball teams they can stream for next season, so they may just not have secured it yet

Arte is definitely going to squeeze more money out of Bally. It’s not the Angels fault that Bally could not secure a deal with Dish and most of the live streaming services.  And, the numbers I saw, they will be charging much more than they get from those services. 

44 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

NBA and NHL are the main sports.  So Sept is just about when those leagues start.

$19.99 a month is a bit steep though.  

F that. I will keep watching them for free. With all the different streaming services, it's getting to the point where you're starting to pay close to cable prices when you factor in the cost of your internet. Or if you have most or all of them, you are paying more. Yes I know, cable doesn't have a lot of the exclusive shows streaming does but when it comes to ditching cable, it was supposed to be the much cheaper alternative. Asking people to pay $19.99 a month, which is what premium netflix costs now, is just too much. Bally doesn't have the Lakers and since most people in Southern California are Laker fans, they will have to keep cable. It's all a huge mess.

2 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

F that. I will keep watching them for free. With all the different streaming services, it's getting to the point where you're starting to pay close to cable prices when you factor in the cost of your internet. Or if you have most or all of them, you are paying more. Yes I know, cable doesn't have a lot of the exclusive shows streaming does but when it comes to ditching cable, it was supposed to be the much cheaper alternative. Asking people to pay $19.99 a month, which is what premium netflix costs now, is just too much. Bally doesn't have the Lakers and since most people in Southern California are Laker fans, they will have to keep cable. It's all a huge mess.

That's my thoughts too.

HBO Max $14.99

Netflix $15.49

Disney+/ESPN/Hulu $19.99

Prime (If you pay monthly) $14.99

Just for those, that's $65.48.  So you are looking at $85.47 with Bally's.  And that's not including the cost of internet.  

As for the Lakers.  DirectTV Stream carries them.  At an affordable $89.99 a month.  

Ever since I was little, I never understood why cable TV still had ads. I understood that free OTA channels like CBS, NBC, Fox, ABC, KCAL, KTLA etc needed ads because the channels did not charge you to watch them. You do need to pay money for cable TV though so I asked my parents why they still had ads and all they said was the cable companies are greedy and people are okay with it. Then I found out that HBO, showtime, cinemax etc did not have commercials. You paid extra for them but they didn't have commercials. That made since to me but still couldn't figure out why all the other channels did. Fast forward to streaming sites that are commercial free if you pay a couple dollars more a month. Disney plus and Netflix don't have ads but now Disney is introducing ads with the cheapest option. Maybe netflix will start doing the same thing. So you need to pay for the service and still have ads or you pay a little more and there are no ads. It's still all messed up. I am pretty sure Bally will still have ads. At least Netflix doesn't have ads and it's the same price(premium plan).

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

Ever since I was little, I never understood why cable TV still had ads. I understood that free OTA channels like CBS, NBC, Fox, ABC, KCAL, KTLA etc needed ads because the channels did not charge you to watch them. You do need to pay money for cable TV though so I asked my parents why they still had ads and all they said was the cable companies are greedy and people are okay with it. Then I found out that HBO, showtime, cinemax etc did not have commercials. You paid extra for them but they didn't have commercials. That made since to me but still couldn't figure out why all the other channels did. Fast forward to streaming sites that are commercial free if you pay a couple dollars more a month. Disney plus and Netflix don't have ads but now Disney is introducing ads with the cheapest option. Maybe netflix will start doing the same thing. So you need to pay for the service and still have ads or you pay a little more and there are no ads. It's still all messed up. I am pretty sure Bally will still have ads. At least Netflix doesn't have ads and it's the same price(premium plan).

I may be wrong because I was pretty young when cable came out (or when it was newish) and I never personally have had cable in my house growing up or since, but I believe initially, cable TV was meant to be commercial free. Then somewhere down the line they said screw that and started playing them. I never understood it either, you're literally paying a cable company to watch ads. I could never justify paying for it myself, what with MLB.TV and the other streaming services now, I watch enough crap as it is so I don't need it.

Some people can flop on a couch for hours watching TV or playing video games but I just can't do it. Much better things to be doing with my time.