• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels team that most exceeded/fell short of your expectations going into the season?

mmc

Which season's Angels team did you feel most exceeded what your expectations were for them going into the season?  Alternatively, which Angels team fell the most short of what you expected of them going into the season? 

2002 is the obvious answer for exceeded expectations. In fact, any other season is a distant second.

This year I predicted they'd go 91-71, so it is up there for fell short (38-50 as of this writing, will probably at least reverse that prediction).

I suppose 2010 was bad. I mean, we should have expected a downturn after they lost Figgins, Lackey, and Vlad, but we were still used to them being so good. 2012 as well, with the acquisition of Pujols and Wilson - it felt like we won the division before the season even started.

we were pretty good 2014-15 it was a shame we didn't pull it together, we could have been in the Royals' place if a few things went different

2018 was the most disappointing, the hype around our hot start and Ohtani-mania was real and then the wheels fell off