• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Things I Want

7 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

I want a good permanent manager, not this revolving door of mediocrities and wine-sipping, over-the-hill 'personalities'.

I want starters who can go deep into the game, and relievers who can miss bats and throw strikes.

A sign of a shitty manager are guys like Maddon and Nevin... who keep pulling starters out after 4 1/3 or 4 2/3 innings when they have the friggin lead with only 70 pitches thrown. That right there is a huge FU to the starting pitcher by saying "Yeah, you're not getting your win".

12 hours ago, cals said:

Ha ha, A’s suck ass!

We’re #1!!

Ole Miss does have a great SS (Gonzalez) who is eligible in next season’s draft (currently projected to go #4).

Seriously though, with the 2023 first round draft being a lottery between the 18 non-playoff teams anyway (weighted in favor of worst teams), the Halos could finish with say the 10th worst record this season, and still have an outside chance at a top 5 pick.

Just want them to focus the rest of season on seeing what they have in the upper levels of the org, and then use the off-season to address the most important needs.

Edited by Angel Oracle

8 hours ago, TooCool said:

A sign of a shitty manager are guys like Maddon and Nevin... who keep pulling starters out after 4 1/3 or 4 2/3 innings when they have the friggin lead with only 70 pitches thrown. That right there is a huge FU to the starting pitcher by saying "Yeah, you're not getting your win".

This

At some point, to truly see what your starters have, you have to see often enough if they can work out of trouble in the middle innings.

Exhibit A was Suarez’ start against the Red Sux a month ago, where Nevin went to the mound in the 5th and left Suarez in to get the next batter to get out of the inning.   Sure enough, he struck out the next batter.

I want. . .

. . . a team good enough today so that I don’t have to constantly hear other fans pining away for guys on the 2002 roster.

It’s like the movie Swingers, where Mike keeps reminiscing about his old girlfriend to Trent.

Mike thinks his problem is he doesn’t have his old girlfriend, while Trent knows the problem is he doesn’t have a nice girlfriend now and needs to get over her and get back out there.

Edited by Dtwncbad

On 7/10/2022 at 4:50 PM, fan_since79 said:

I want a new owner (or ownership group) that knows baseball and isn't afraid to make bold, and EFFECTIVE, moves to build this team back up. That includes a decent farm system and more scouts, especially of the international type.

I want the David Fletcher of last year, of the 26-game hitting streak.

I want the healthy Mike Trout who used to hit the cover off the ball and didn't swing at crap over his head or way outside. The MVP Trout we used to know.

I want a decent hitting shortstop. 

I want Anthony Rendon to come back strong and stop getting hurt all the time. The 2019 Rendon.

I want Brandon Marsh to learn how to hit a baseball. The thing he was supposed to learn in Little League.

I want Jo Adell to figure out baseball period.

I want new coaches who understand pitching and hitting. 

I want a good permanent manager, not this revolving door of mediocrities and wine-sipping, over-the-hill 'personalities'.

I want starters who can go deep into the game, and relievers who can miss bats and throw strikes.

I want the team to play some fundamental baseball and do more than swing for the fences at every bad pitch that comes their way.

Above all, I want some spirit and competitive grit from my Angels. I've been waiting too long...Darin Erstad, where are you?