• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is wrong with Mike Trout?

10 hours ago, stormngt said:

My guess:

Trout frustration with the team has reached a point that it seems like he is just going through the motions.

The hot start was a tease.  It made the six week losses even more frustrating.  There has been videos of Trout frustration regarding the tipping their pitchers.  It's demoralizing and eventually it would wear down the greatest of competitors.

Just a guess

No chance. 

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

What is wrong with this thread?

I don't know anything about that poster and have no idea why this thread was the one that went off the deep end. Something is definitely wrong with Trout though and it's not one bit strange that the hitting coach and others in this ORG can't figure it out. I am worried.

28 minutes ago, stormngt said:

That's why I am saying guess.  I do see frustration in hom for the first time since I have been following him.

Other than the pitch tipping incident, when did you see him frustrated?

5 hours ago, stormngt said:

Saw some things that showed frustration. Didn't think much of it until the pitch tipping video.  So maybe it's nothing.  

What things?

3 hours ago, stormngt said:

I didn't say he shouldn't be frustrated.  I feel it is now effecting his game.   That is something that is new.

I sort of like the frustration….. or at least the passion. Mike is so vanilla. My biggest fear is for these guys to stop caring. I want to see a playoff game. We all do. 

Career decline happens to everyone at some point.

It could be slow and incremental or sudden. 

Trout should still be in or very close to his prime. And probably is just in an adjustment phase of his career. 

Pro athletes careers are based on challenges and responses. And health. The athletic body is fragile and prone to all sorts of issues. And  time exacerbates bodily flaws and weaknesses.

Even without major damage via serious injuries, skills don't remain at their peak indefinitely. Vision, reflexes, hand eye co-ordination, speed decline over time even when otherwise healthy. 

One of the challenges is trying to stay in the best shape possible and postpone damage. As well recuperation is more complicated after years of wear and tear. 

Trout is nowhere near as jinxed and cursed as Mantle was physically over his career. And the Mick managed to play almost two fully productive decades. As well medicine and training are light years better than they we're back then.

But Trout has put in a hard, physical decade of wear and tear. Expecting MVP standards forever is optimistic. And unrealistic. A decade of being top two and no worse than fifth in MVP voting is crazy! Far beyond all but a handful of the most elite in history. 

The series against Seattle could have been the last outburst of a super nova beginning it's inevitable fade. Or this current slump may be a short term thing that is quickly fixed and forgotten. We won't know till more time passes. I would expect a nice recovery, but not necessarily to MVP standards. 

As well, there is the mental side of an elite athlete trying to deal with emerging problems he rarely had to deal with before. 

The rest of the season will show how Trout responds to his challenges.