• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (7/2): Angels @ Astros - Sandoval starts

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

And obviously none of us are going to figure out what’s wrong with him. It could be simply that the shitty team is just dragging him down

Yep. We aren’t going to figure it out. Who knows what goes on in that clubhouse. But, you can’t help but speculate when you watch a player like Trout strike out in every AB.

Edited by failos

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

These takes are so dumb.

Stop looking for every possible way to make excuses for Trout. He deserves shit when he's playing like shit just like everyone else. 

If he's not playing well because he's "frustrated" then he's a damn headcase.

Losing like this can make anyone a  head case. Doesn't mean they stop trying, but common sense tells me frustration can affect your performance.

2 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Stop it. Unless you are in the dugout you don’t know how people think. 

True but I said that’s my opinion.  There’s some youngsters on this team that I’m sure look up to him.

At any rate I don’t want to argue with other frustrated fans because it seems that we all can agree that this whole franchise is broken.  I don’t know if/when it can be repaired under current ownership.  

12 minutes ago, Clark W Griswold said:

True but I said that’s my opinion.  There’s some youngsters on this team that I’m sure look up to him.

It’s a difficult game and the Astros are a winning organization that understands what they need.  As in life, it’s not whether you are knocked down, but whether you get back up. If anyone feels the way you describe, they need to re-examine their life as a professional athlete. The difference between the Astros and the Angels is organizational competence, not emotions.

Football can’t get here soon enough. Speaking of football, I’ve often wondered how the best college team would do against the worst NFL team. Well today, we kind of got an idea because that looked like A MAJOR LEAGUE TEAM AGAINST A TRIPLE A TEAM!  
that’s quite the team you’ve assembled there perry. Oh, and get trout to an optometrist appointment asap. 

39 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

Losing like this can make anyone a  head case. Doesn't mean they stop trying, but common sense tells me frustration can affect your performance.

We should play Seattle more.  

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I agree with you and we should expect more from a $400 million player, especially with someone with his talents

BA under .280 now, has never been under that at the end of the season since 2011.

OPS+ is still on pace to be 4th highest in his career.

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, 79CAAman said:

Football can’t get here soon enough. Speaking of football, I’ve often wondered how the best college team would do against the worst NFL team. Well today, we kind of got an idea because that looked like A MAJOR LEAGUE TEAM AGAINST A TRIPLE A TEAM!  
that’s quite the team you’ve assembled there perry. Oh, and get trout to an optometrist appointment asap. 

The best college team would get annihilated by the worst NFL team. The only interesting question is whether the college team would score. 

Trout has become absolutely infallible here and that's not how it should be.

I love Trout. I've made that known (WELL known) for years. But there's zero reason to deflect any criticism of him towards the rest of the team. 

I'm sure he's more frustrated than any of us can imagine, but he's not slumping because of it. Come on. He's not going to let his frustrations significantly impact his performance, if at all. If that were the case, he'd never be all that good because the team has sucked ass for 7 straight years. Is he only now becoming frustrated?

He's amazing. He's still the best player in baseball. But that does not give him a permanent free pass from any criticism. He has looked like he couldn't give two shits these last 2 games. Of course he does. He cares probably more than any of us do. But hoooooly shit I've never seen him look this bad.

Is it his fault the Angels got their asses handed to them the last 2 games? Of course not. If he went 4-4 with 2 HR we'd still have lost badly. But these excuses for him are kind of silly. Sometimes Trout just fucking sucks. 

This team is affecting Trout. It's impossible not to see the expressions on his face. It's demoralizing. Sure, he'd go through some slumps no matter what. But this would not happen the same way if he was on say the Astros or the Dodgers.

It's affecting Ohtani too, and if I were him I'd get as far away from this organization as possible.

1 hour ago, 79CAAman said:

Three weeks to training camps 

Baseball is different than other sports as it relates to teammates and their affect on your play. When you step into the batters box it’s you against the pitcher, what your teammates do is irrelevant. It’s you against the pitcher, and the last two days Trout has failed against the pitcher every time. That isn’t on line up construction or on the 5-9 in the line up or the starting pitching. It’s 100% on Trout. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This isn’t true.  You have the choice every day to leave the team and you don’t. 

I have the choice to watch a ballclub and go through the ups and downs for my entire life, that is not something a baseball career offers if you want to win.

The state of the team and the aura surrounding it most definitely affects your performance. Trout knows more than any of us the trouble this team is in, the incompetence of the management. When you have to tell your own pitcher that he's tipping pitches because nobody else sees it even though that's their only job it's one of many things that eventually wears on you.

Even if Aaron Judge were offered a huge contract to come here I wouldn't if I were him because it means you're not going to win.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

The people saying he's being effected by the team don't realize they're making Trout look worse. 

I don't think so. He's only human. I love the guy, he is my absolute favorite ballplayer ever.

But I get to turn off the TV and forget about Angels baseball. Trout doesn't. This is his life, this is his career. He doesn't get to turn it off and forget about it. Over the course of 8 years eventually it's going to wear on you when you don't see the playoffs or have a chance to be competitive.

4 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Do you live in the forest ? 

4 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

lucky

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Santa Ana Lake? 

Laguna Niguel..

20220702_161321.jpg