• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Conservative Dystopia

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I did because I had to at 15. Obviously, I wasn't the lead guy on those jobs at that time. Had that job for 15 years too. 

Bullshit. I'm only a few years younger than you and my first on the books job was at a pizza place. My second week I was asked to deliver and even I knew you had to be 18. I did it and the owner was in the the wrong but it wasn't permitted. 

You may have had a work permit but it wasn't for installing fireplaces. 

10 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yeah like it's evil conservatism that teaches teenagers to work.

Smart liberals hire illegal aliens.

Teenagers work in every state dumbass. It's the type of work that is the issue. 

6 minutes ago, St1ck said:

Bullshit. I'm only a few years younger than you and my first on the books job was at a pizza place. My second week I was asked to deliver and even I knew you had to be 18. I did it and the owner was in the the wrong but it wasn't permitted. 

I guess that's possible but that was a long ass time ago so I don't remember what it said. Bottom line, I think it was good for me to have a job like that and start learning a work ethic at that age. My daughter is about to turn 18 and has not had a job yet. She worked her butt off in school and did a lot of extra-curricular activities there so there wasn't time for the job. She's about to go to Air Force boot camp in a month or so and reality is going to hit her hard when she starts having to work in a real job.  

1 minute ago, St1ck said:

Teenagers work in every state dumbass. It's the type of work that is the issue. 

I agree but Rico's post doesn't even say what job they were doing or if it was some really dangerous one. It's possible they were just tragic, wrong place at the wrong time, accidents. If the kid at the poultry farm was operating heavy machines or something then the company should be held accountable. 

43 minutes ago, St1ck said:

It’s just a permit for labor. I used to see it all the time when I worked for… get this… a labor inspection company. 

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

I agree but Rico's post doesn't even say what job they were doing or if it was some really dangerous one. It's possible they were just tragic, wrong place at the wrong time, accidents. If the kid at the poultry farm was operating heavy machines or something then the company should be held accountable. 

Here's the article for full context. 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/teen-poultry-factory-child-worker-deaths_n_64b7ecbce4b0ad7b75f67af7

13 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

It’s just a permit for labor. I used to see it all the time when I worked for… get this… a labor inspection company. 

No it's not just a blanket labor permit. There are restrictions to what jobs, how many hours, and what hours a teenager can work. 

51 minutes ago, St1ck said:

The first 3 lines of the X all said what they did. Once again you douchebags like @Blarg and @Jay just shit out your own thoughts based on the headline.

Why are you bringing me into your argument with someone else? You seem to have a real problem, St1ck and should curb your insults. 

12 minutes ago, St1ck said:

No it's not just a blanket labor permit. There are restrictions to what jobs, how many hours, and what hours a teenager can work. 

Yes no shit there are restrictions. It’s still just a labor permit for minors.

You and Rico should keep fighting for stricter labor regulations. That way more industry is pushed out to safer places like China, Vietnam and India. 

11 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Why are you bringing me into your argument with someone else? You seem to have a real problem, St1ck and should curb your insults. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I've had a job since I was 15 years old and I was allowed to do that in a blue state. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Yup. I was working at age 13 right here in California. 

8 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Yes no shit there are restrictions. It’s still just a labor permit for minors.

You and Rico should keep fighting for stricter labor regulations. That way more industry is pushed out to safer places like China, Vietnam and India. 

Yes let's let 14 year olds work in landfills because CHINA doesn't care and that's something we should strive to compete with. 

5 minutes ago, St1ck said:

Yes let's let 14 year olds work in landfills because CHINA doesn't care and that's something we should strive to compete with. 

Take an extreme hypothetical and treat it as reality. It’s the leftist way. 

4 minutes ago, St1ck said:

So you responded to Jason's post without knowing the context of what his reply was about?

It appears that is what you did. I, however, was just having a conversation.

But so you are informed, I was doing hand fiberglass layup on sailboats along with wood fabrication and finishing which included many harmful chemicals, table and bandsaws along with sanders. 

I'm sure your pizza delivery was much more stressful.