• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On November 7, 2017 at 4:20 PM, Redondo said:

Glad you are enjoying it.

Just finished Fauda, which means chaos in Arabic. 3.5/5 Interesting plot and I like to watch how other countries live and interact. About the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Quite a few flat spots that they used for filler to make 12 episodes. After getting into the characters the writers made it work.

Since we seem to enjoy the same shows I'll check this out, too. 

56 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

The wife is having me watch the Harry Potter movies before we check out the new thing at Univ Studios when down in OC later this month. We are through 3. They are actually pretty fun. 

Also started Deadwood, love it.

I always thought the whole idea and all the stupid names would make them terrible, but when my daughter got old enough to watch them I realized that they are not bad and I totally get them.  They are adventurous and fun.

I am still looking for a good new show, nothing is holding my interest enough.  Some shows that people love I try and they are just too weird or not funny to me and others I am just not in the mood for.

On November 7, 2017 at 4:20 PM, Redondo said:

Just finished Fauda, which means chaos in Arabic. 3.5/5 Interesting plot and I like to watch how other countries live and interact. About the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Quite a few flat spots that they used for filler to make 12 episodes. After getting into the characters the writers made it work.

Done.

i agree with giving it a 3.5. I like shows which develop the characters, but I think it would have been better served if they had done it more at the beginning of the season. Also could have used a couple more dramatic scenes, but the seconds they did include were done well. 

9 hours ago, Lou said:

Done.

i agree with giving it a 3.5. I like shows which develop the characters, but I think it would have been better served if they had done it more at the beginning of the season. Also could have used a couple more dramatic scenes, but the seconds they did include were done well. 

It does sound like we like the type of shows that are a little different from the same old script.

I just keep looking for the next good show. You never know where it will show up. The problem is that I only have Netflix and miss out on some good shows on Amazon. Might have to sign up.

5 hours ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

I'm through 5 episodes of Mindhunter. The first one was a little slow, but the last 4 have been great. It's a little disturbing hearing about the details and severity of the killings, but nothing gory. Likable characters, really well acted, and great pacing. 

I watched two more episodes today and had to stop because I don't want to rush through the series. 

On 11/14/2017 at 4:25 PM, Lou said:

Nothing like watching his greatest work over nachos, humus and beer at The Brickyard. 

time to roll back up for a re-make! notte and luisa's are no longer (luisa's moved to new spot by me actually).

but most of the other joints we hit up are still rolling.

4 hours ago, mrwicked said:

started watching "schitt's creek" on netflix. its pretty damn good, and super short episodes so easy to just throw on in between hits of meth.

It’s a funny show.  The characters are great.  It’s a show you have to watch and not just listen too.  Lots of facial expressions that will make you laugh.  I binged all three seasons in a couple weeks. 

Justice League.  Not as bad as the rotten tomato score.  I enjoyed it, but like all freaking DC movies, it was too dark.  The reviews were saying that humor was a big part of the film, but it just seemed like forced humor to me.  Let's just put a few gags in there type of humor.  It might also be good that I don't watch the DC tv shows, because from what I'm led to understand from my friend, Flash in the TV shows is very different from the Flash in the movies.  Which is pretty stupid in my opinion.  There were some huge gaping plot holes, like the whole fear thing.  But overall, it was worth seeing in the theaters.  

Spoiler

But saying all that. I didn't like how they brought back Superman.  It almost was unnecessary how they brought him back.  They could have made his return so much better, and simpler.  And that Superman could kick all their asses at the same time, without even trying, just goes to the next part I didn't like.

And that is they reinforced the we are gods thing again.  The infallable, ultra powerful, indestructable taking on whatever.  No depth to the characters at all.  Superman kicking everyones asses, and Batman pretty much useless through the whole film, just showed the divide of the skills of the group.  It really wasn't a team, it was 4 trying to be heroes against a god, then Superman coming in and just owning the evil god.  Then the big plot hole of how the evil god gets defeated, because his minions turn against him because he shows fear.  And yet Flash showed fear against the same minions earlier in the film, and they ignored it.

Went and saw Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri over the weekend. Probably my favorite movie of the year so. Great dark comedy by Martin McDonagh who did In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths prior to this. Might be his best so far. 

Frances McDormand, Sam Rockwell, Woody Harrelson, Peter Dinklage, etc.. Not sure if it's the McDormand connection, but it had a very Coen Brothers feel to it. And yeah, Frances McDormand should probably get an Oscar for this.

Also watched Brawl In Cell Block 99. Very deliberately placed, but solid movie. Vince Vaughn is a big scary dude in this, a role I've never seen him play. Movie gets incredibly brutal after a certain point, fairly similar to the tone change in Bone Tomahawk, the director's other movie.

On 11/18/2017 at 4:48 PM, Don said:

Saw a good deal today from Movie Pass. Basically $90/year and you get to see up to one movie per day in theaters. Checked around my area, and all the major theaters take it, including Alamo Draft House. Totally worth it if you think you’ll average at least one movie a month.

https://www.moviepass.com/

I heard about this from a friend yesterday,  I'm not sure how they can manage to support this business model.

MoviePass is what I’ve been using the last few months. From what I’ve read is that theyre selling data from viewing habits and what is being watched and whatever useful data can be acquired from this. I’m fine with that...$9.99 for a movie a day is ridiculous. Granted they know most people can only go like a handful of times a month. I’ve gone like 3 or 4 times a month since I’ve got it. Still a bargain for me, and not draining to them, so I’d imagine they take that into consideration.