• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ A's (5/15/22 1pm start): Sandoval on the mound, standard starting lineup

9 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

I lived there for decades. People want to live there because of the reputation it *had* and what the state holds on to for what it used to be, not for what it's *become*.

Financially, not all people want to rent, and flush their money down the toilet instead of owning and building some equity. 

For the price to OWN property, I don't think it's worth it. To VISIT? Fine, I'll visit. But I'll come back home and enjoy less traffic, less trash, less bums, better roads, more space and more affordable living, and better opportunity for building self worth financially.

To each his own, I *kind of* get it, but unless it's San Diego...California lost its desirability for me a very long time ago.

Let's be honest.  Renting isn't cheap in Cali either.  Yes, the weather is nice.  The traffic sucks, the homeless socks, their education sucks, and their politics suck. 

That was not the case in the 90s.

Just now, CaliAngel said:

I lived there for decades. People want to live there because of the reputation it *had* and what the state holds on to for what it used to be, not for what it's *become*.

Financially, not all people want to rent, and flush their money down the toilet instead of owning and building some equity. 

For the price to OWN property, I don't think it's worth it. To VISIT? Fine, I'll visit. But I'll come back home and enjoy less traffic, less trash, less bums, better roads, more space and more affordable living, and better opportunity for building self worth financially.

To each his own, I *kind of* get it, but unless it's San Diego...California lost its desirability for me a very long time ago.

Pretty pointless to debate with you. Material things aren't that important to me. Weather, things to do, desert, mountains, beaches and the convenience of everything here are more important to me. Renting has its pros too. I am sure you are smart enough to know that. I lived in San Diego(North County) for 2 years. Prefer Orange County. You just admitted that if you could afford the lifestyle you want in San Diego, you'd live there. That's what I was referring to earlier. If you all of a sudden won the lottery or your dream job was only available in San Diego, you'd move there. You are hating on California for a very certain reason.

I have seen bums in every place I've gone. Are there more here? Well, California is the most populous state so mathematically yes, more are here. I can't fathom people that have to deal with tornados, hurricanes, blizzards, flooding etc EVERY, yes, EVERY YEAR. People love to state that California has horrible earth quakes but the last bad one here happened in 1994. That much different than having to deal with natural disasters every year like pretty much most every other state. No thanks.

1 minute ago, failos said:

Canada, I *believe*

I just find it strange that he won't answer.

Ftr, I'm not one of those who absolutely loves California. We have a lot of problems here. My main issue is financial. I'm not really bothered by any of the other issues. 

Just now, Lou said:

Ftr, I'm not one of those who absolutely loves California. We have a lot of problems here. My main issue is financial. I'm not really bothered by any of the other issues. 

He’s probably certain we’ll roast him once he tells us where he lives.

My problem with CA is traffic, but FastTrak has served me well. Cost of living sucks, too.

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

As someone who was about like 4th or 5th generation Orange County and went to UCLA, but who has since lived in Chicago (grad school) and now NYC, California does have its flaws that I wouldn't have known if I hadn't lived other places.  That said, I can't wait to come back (will just be a while [edit: for reasons*] that have nothing to do with wanting or not wanting to be there).