• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your First Halo's Home Game?

Barf

Summer of 1975. Schedules weren't as easy to figure out back then. I went to the ballpark expecting to see the Angels and A's. Instead, I got there at the tail end of the first game of a scheduled doubleheader between the Angels and Rangers. Frank Tanana set what was then a record for strikeouts by a lefthander with 17 in the first game.

Barf,

It was memorable.  I was a youngster 11 yo vacationing in California with my Family who took us to Disneyland ( Before the Florida one opened ) and Knotts Berry & the Yankees were in Town.  It was an on the fly kind of decision to celebrate my Brother's Birthday so the Game started on the 11th but probably ended on the 12th ET.

Game wasn't really memorable except for the Great Players on the rosters.  

On 5/1/2022 at 7:59 AM, Junkballer said:

1974 with my little league team.  I remember the experience more than the game itself but I do remember Mickey Rivers and Nolan Ryan playing.  Being a slow chubby catcher at the time I wished I could be like Mickey.

ALL little league catchers in the 70's were slow and chubby!  The coach was the dad who drew the short straw. He would show up to the game with a military duffel bag full of exactly 4 helmets, 4 bats, 7 green baseballs, 1 not-so-green baseball designated as the "game ball", and the catcher's equipment.  He usually arrived about 10 minutes prior to game time.

2 minutes ago, Torridd said:

Still waiting on mine. Hopefully, I'll get to Anaheim one day.

I hope to make a trip out there this season at some point. Half on fuel and let's make it a road trip?👍*

*I do tend to get road rage sometimes though, hopefully that's not a problem.

Edited by Barf

Barf, 

Amazing how clear my memory is on this.

I still remember hanging out at a pharmacy further down the road from Disneyland under the 5 Highway Stadium on right side then down a ways where it becomes more commercial.  Pharmacy is on left we developed film ( old times LOL ) and purchased refreshments. 

I can't wait to visit again.