• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Name three active former Angels you wish were on the team right now

Saw this on Reddit and was trying to figure out who that'd be for the Angels:

"If you could add any 3 active players who were ever in your team's system to the current roster, who would they be? This can include players who were traded away as prospects and never played for your MLB team."

We don't have really any obvious all stars we traded away that I can think of. I figure our biggest needs are middle infield, SP, and RP.

I'm thinking Segura, maybe Cobb (or maybe Clevinger), and I couldn't think of who the best current reliever would be who is not presently on the roster. 

Good question there. Segura is a solid pick, though I'm not sure I'd want him right now as much as I would've liked having him for the last 10 years. Greinke falls into the same category there. Ervin Santana also had a real solid 5 years or so after leaving the club. Going through more recent years though, there isn't a ton to regret. Maybe Cobb, or Maldonado (I'd still make that trade though), or some versions of Joe Smith?

There haven’t been many, if any trades that impacted us enough to be missing players. 

someone mentioned CJ Cron but I would rather give those at bats to Walsh and Ohtani… 

maybe we missed Grichuk for a few years but currently our outfield is set, haven’t really traded or lost any SP of note aside from Clevinger but right now he’s on the shelf. 

goes to show the GMs have done a decent job with player personnel, we just haven’t had the impact players come through the minors and fill in spots on the big club. This season is so refreshing and nice to see with Adell, Marsh, Walsh, Detmers, Sandoval all make an impact and all were brought up from our minor league system or traded for as a minor leaguer and developed. 

maybe andrelton Simmons since the MIF still has a couple question marks and he checks off the good defense and passable offensive numbers 

Jesse Chavez.

Side note, and off topic. I was going to say Jett Bandy... just to bring back the laughs of how much we all lost our shit when we traded him for Maldonado.

The Sosh hate was strong after that trade.

Grienke and Segura come to mind. I saw last night Cron has 7 HRs so far.... was real high on him in the minors. Never was the guy I hoped for here.

Yes, good question. I would want Clevinger and Grienke, who would undoubtedly make our rotation stronger now and give us some insurance against losing Syndergaard to free agency; and Maldonado is a definite upgrade over Suzuki for us and also screws the Astros a bit too (which is always nice), so I'll take him too, please.  

Ohtani; Syndergaard; Clevinger; Sandoval; then take two from Grienke/Detmers/Suarez/Lorenzen. 

Fun fact - post Angels careers:

Ji-Man Choi: .254/.360/.459, 127 wRC+, 5.0 WAR (2017-22)

CJ Cron: .261/.336/.506, 120 wRC+, 6.8 WAR (2018-22)

And the guy who kept them from jobs with the Angels?

Mang: .241/.290/.410, 85 wRC+, -3.2 WAR (2017-21)

Since Choi left, only Trout (183) and Ohtani (133) have had a better wRC+ among Angels.

But it's not my money.

Edited by Angelsjunky

10 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Fun fact - post Angels careers:

Ji-Man Choi: .254/.360/.459, 127 wRC+, 5.0 WAR (2017-22)

CJ Cron: .261/.336/.506, 120 wRC+, 6.8 WAR (2018-22)

And the guy who kept them from jobs with the Angels?

Mang: .241/.290/.410, 85 wRC+, -3.2 WAR (2017-21)

Since Choi left, only Trout (183) and Ohtani (133) have had a better wRC+ among Angels.

But it's not my money.

But what was their CHPI (Clubhouse Presence Index)?