• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

6 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

No but last 2 years is batting has gone down. I know he has power and great glove but his strikeout rate is high. I just feel Oakland made a good deal. Oakland will be back soon with all the players they are receiving. Many deals still ahead for Oakland. 

with all the prospects the A's have brought in these past couple of days, they'll play and be good again in about a year, have a nice little run of success, and then trade all of these guys for new prospects.

people here moan about the halos all the time, but the A's are stuck in their own wash, rinse, repeat cycle, and it has to be equally frustrating for their fans like our team is for us.

1 minute ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

That seems like an insane deal for Schwarber. Is he worth $20 mil/season?

No doubt that's a great deal for him. Honestly expected him to land somewhere in the 2-3/30-40 range.

I like the Braves FO, and am disappointed it hasn’t carried over with Perry.

Reflects poorly on Arte more and more each year, sigh.

I do not doubt Arte’s interest in winning, and genuinely believe he is willing to put money up when needed (as we have seen), but there’s just an obvious dysfunction that keeps the org from seamlessly working. It seems any decision to improve one part of the system can only happen at the expense of another. 

Edited by totdprods

4 minutes ago, mmc said:

I don’t think we’re getting either player but who would you guys prefer?

The price is going to be quite different for either so hard to say.

Get both and give them Suarez, Barria, and any prospect or two not named Adell, Detmers, Bachman or Marsh. 

Ohtani, Syndergaard, Montas, Manaea, Sandoval, Lorenzen.

Edited by totdprods

3 minutes ago, mmc said:

I don’t think we’re getting either player but who would you guys prefer?

They aren't far apart in terms of production and age, but I'd probably choose Montas. Dude has sick stuff.

12 minutes ago, Tank said:

with all the prospects the A's have brought in these past couple of days, they'll play and be good again in about a year, have a nice little run of success, and then trade all of these guys for new prospects.

people here moan about the halos all the time, but the A's are stuck in their own wash, rinse, repeat cycle, and it has to be equally frustrating for their fans like our team is for us.

I agree about Oakland but they have had a lot more success in last 6 years than halos. Until they get new stadium things will remain the same.

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Five years of Suarez for 3 years of those two?  

Win now baby. Gotta give to get and I would hate to see Oakland get one of our outfielders (not that I would expect it) and it maximizes the hell out of Suarez. 

Angels can of course always sign one of those guys to an extension too. Or they can go hog at deadline if the team sucks. Lots of pitching to offer up and start over.

I like Suarez a lot but he’s been good for less than 100 innings.

Manaea was a solid #3 for 180 IP last year, Montas a borderline Cy candidate/strong #2 for 190 IP. 

If someone like Suarez alone can be 30%ish of the deal going back you have to explore that I think.

Every single SP currently has a big old question mark regarding durability. Adding one or two of these would be huge. 

Edited by totdprods

Makes a ton of sense for the Yankees to move Voit in a deal to Oakland for an arm. He has no place there and Seth Brown is currently slotted in at 1B for Oakland.

Then again, if the Angels sign Freeman, Walsh could go north too…

(Walsh is one of my faves and I’d rather have him than Freeman)

Edited by totdprods

And here we go....