• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Marcus Stroman rips Billy Eppler on Twitter

Taylor

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I agree. Toxic masculinity is a huge problem in our culture.

His masculinity is not toxic.  His character is toxic.  And he hides it with masculinity.

That’s not the same thing.

Sorry, but the idea that men need to be less masculine in our society is terribly misguided.

If shitty people stop being masculine, you are still left with non-masculine shitty people.  So you accomplished nothing but reducing the “toxic masculinity.”

Edited by Dtwncbad

21 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

His masculinity is not toxic.  His character is toxic.  And he hides it with masculinity.

That’s not the same thing.

Sorry, but the idea that men need to be less masculine in our society is terribly misguided.

If shitty people stop being masculine, you are still left with non-masculine shitty people.  So you accomplished nothing but reducing the “toxic masculinity.”

Who or what determines what is "masculine"? 

54 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I guess I am caught.  Often my “agenda” is to at least attempt to fight back against what looks like a pretty deliberate manipulation of the words in our language for the purposes of advancing a political agenda.

I hate it.

But pretty much every one of your arguments does the very thing you claim to be fighting against.

Everyone has an agenda, including you. Ask any three posters here and they could accurately describe your agenda.

26 minutes ago, Taylor said:

But pretty much every one of your arguments does the very thing you claim to be fighting against.

Everyone has an agenda, including you. Ask any three posters here and they could accurately describe your agenda.

I argue freely and sometimes obnoxiously.  I have my viewpoints and you can call that an agenda.

But I disagree that I ever deliberately hijack the actual denotative meaning of individual words in our language to advance my views.

Thats cheating in an argument and I would want you to instantly call me out on that.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

I argue freely and sometimes obnoxiously.  I have my viewpoints and you can call that an agenda.

But I disagree that I ever deliberately hijack the actual denotative meaning of individual words in our language to advance my views.

Thats cheating in an argument and I would want you to instantly call me out on that.

I'll call you out next time I see it.

I Got You Help GIF by The Cooligans

Even though I could not provide any context at the time...I did mention some rumblings that I had picked up from Mets fans last November about him. Which, in no slight to anyone (from some of the responses I received), only proves that none of us have any idea about who/what these players truly are nor how/what they think. Until. of course, they make them known on social media...lol!

stroman comments.PNG

This may be what baseball needs to become more relevant with younger people. 

A mediocre pitcher talking shit about a mediocre executive.  

According to a broadcast I heard a week ago.... via an ESPN outlet, I think....  a problem with baseball right now is that there's nobody that says something that riles people up... like any football quarterback... preferably one that doesn't get vaccinated ... or... a George Steinbrenner type doesn't get crazy....