• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A handful of the remaining FA starting pitchers: any interest?

rafibomb

15 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Neither Fletcher nor Walsh were on ANY prospects lists from major publications or sources. 

Fletcher was 12th on MLB Pipeline's rankings in 2017. MLB.com 2017 Prospect Watch | MLB.com

Walsh was 20th on MLB Pipeline's rankings in 2019. MLB.com 2019 Prospect Watch | MLB.com

Plus they were on the  FanGraphs rankings you already mentioned. (I didn't look at BA since a subscription is needed)

15 hours ago, Stradling said:

What the hell happened to Carlos Martinez?  He felt like a guy that as he matured or once he figured it out he was going to be really good.

I'd like to see the Angels take a flier on him, pending the price. I would've preferred that they gamble on him over Lorenzen in the rotation, with the pen as a fallback. But now, add him as another SP option with good stuff that can be moved to the pen if they struggle.

Being ranked 20th in an organization isn't being a top prospect. And definitely not a starting 1st baseman.

I'm a little concerned with Walsh in what is essentially his sophomore season, but I don't expect a slump.

Fletcher better come out of his sophomore slump well, not swinging, but walking more. LOL.

16 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Being ranked 20th in an organization isn't being a top prospect. And definitely not a starting 1st baseman.

I'm a little concerned with Walsh in what is essentially his sophomore season, but I don't expect a slump.

Fletcher better come out of his sophomore slump well, not swinging, but walking more. LOL.

I never said they were top prospects.

I just said they appeared within top prospects lists, where as Stefanic and Davis rarely are on current top prospect lists.

6 hours ago, Trendon said:

Fletcher was 12th on MLB Pipeline's rankings in 2017. MLB.com 2017 Prospect Watch | MLB.com

Walsh was 20th on MLB Pipeline's rankings in 2019. MLB.com 2019 Prospect Watch | MLB.com

Plus they were on the  FanGraphs rankings you already mentioned. (I didn't look at BA since a subscription is needed)

Being ranked 12th in a system ranked 29th or 30th overall like Fletcher was means jack diddly.   You've essentially written off a dozen 19/20 year olds as busts that are currently "ranked." 

BTW, you don't need a BBA or BBP sub to see if guys were ranked on a national level. You need only look up their minor league pages at BBRef.com

Here's Canning being ranked as a prospect on a national level by all three. (BBA, BBP, MLB).  

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=cannin000gri

Here are Walsh and Fletcher not being ranked on a national level by all three.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=walsh-000jar
https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=fletch002dav

6 hours ago, Trendon said:

I just said they appeared within top prospects lists, where as Stefanic and Davis rarely are on current top prospect lists.

Using your flexible description you'd still be wrong, at least when it comes to Davis.

Brendon Davis has been ranked at least three different times by MLB Pipeline, twice with the LA Dodgers where he was ranked ahead of guys like Dustin May, Keibert Ruiz, Ross Stripling, and Willie Calhoun to name a few and at least once in the Rangers system.  

Again, I'm skeptical of Brendon Davis and I don't see a MLB SS defensively but you're putting way too much weight on prospect rankings.

4 hours ago, Trendon said:

Ah ok.

I am just hoping we can get 2 oWAR out of SS this year. And the same out of 2nd base. 

in 2021: Keon Wong was worth -0.7, Rengifo was -0.2, Fletcher 0.5, and Mayfield 0.7, Iglesias 0.9.

dWAR: Fletcher 1.9, Wong 0.1, Rengifo -0.1, Mayfield -0.2, and Iglesias -1.3.