• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021-2022 COLLEGE BASKETBALL

Lou

4 minutes ago, Justin said:

So this won't be the year we see a UNC-Duke matchup in the FF? 

I don’t believe so. Unc can make it. I don’t like Dukes chances of beating Gonzaga for a second  in the queer capital of America. Don’t believe k has ever made a final 4 out of the west region. He probably has a losing record there. 

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

One less team remaining than the ACC. (if Miami holds on)

I gave the sec too much credit this year. Thought this Acc was the worst ever. Turns out duke wasn’t the only team that couldn’t guard Miami. The tournament hasn’t seen a team this old since unc ended its Swahili program with Tyler hansboro

25 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I don’t believe so. Unc can make it. I don’t like Dukes chances of beating Gonzaga for a second  in the queer capital of America. Don’t believe k has ever made a final 4 out of the west region. He probably has a losing record there. 

I agree. But I've wanted to see that as long as I can remember. 

(BTW I believe Duke is now 9-6 out of the West. Not bad, but well below their overall tourney winning percentage.)

2 minutes ago, Justin said:

I agree. But I've wanted to see that as long as I can remember. 

(BTW I believe Duke is now 9-6 out of the West. Not bad, but well below their overall tourney winning percentage.)

Unc doesn’t scare me. We owe them an ass whipping. This would be a good year   No Vince carters on this unc team.

I bet the west record is worse if you exclude games that were played at an east coast pod

On 3/20/2022 at 9:36 PM, Lou said:

I wasn't aware Duke ever left the state of NC in the regionals. 

That can be a curse. The Midwest has been some of our best outcomes. Once the NCAA came up with this pod bs being in state has been a curse. They often pair Unc in our pod in state. A few years ago we drew South Carolina in sc with unc present. it was a road game and  a second round loss. Duke probably has a larger fan base in the northeast. 

6 hours ago, Kotchman said:

That can be a curse. The Midwest has been some of our best outcomes. Once the NCAA came up with this pod bs being in state has been a curse. They often pair Unc in our pod in state. A few years ago we drew South Carolina in sc with unc present. it was a road game and  a second round loss. Duke probably has a larger fan base in the northeast. 

This is just so sad and incredibly unfair. You should sue.

7 hours ago, Kotchman said:

Nice try. 

Duke always played in Greensboro or Raleigh. It was always a point of contention. 

27 minutes ago, Lou said:

Nice try. 

Duke always played in Greensboro or Raleigh. It was always a point of contention. 

I would guess about half of the years we play out of nc or sc. my point was when the started mixing regions in the pods hurt duke. They’ve lost 3 times in the first two rounds in 10 years. 2 of the 3 were in a shared local pod which also hosted unc. It’s a virtual road game in that scenario. Now I like coach wooden but ucla is the all time leader in titles and at home cooking. Who else gets to win 10 titles and only leave LA for the final 4? Shit it was truly regional in those days. Wooden could beat Fullerton , pacific and San Fran for a trip to the final 4

4 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I would guess about half of the years we play out of nc or sc. my point was when the started mixing regions in the pods hurt duke. They’ve lost 3 times in the first two rounds in 10 years. 2 of the 3 were in a shared local pod which also hosted unc. It’s a virtual road game in that scenario. Now I like coach wooden but ucla is the all time leader in titles and at home cooking. Who else gets to win 10 titles and only leave LA for the final 4? Shit it was truly regional in those days. Wooden could beat Fullerton , pacific and San Fran for a trip to the final 4

We also played only conference champs, not 7th place teams from the Big 12.

5 hours ago, Lou said:

Nice try. 

Well we have played in NC or Sc 19 out of 35 or 36 trips. Unc is about the same or maybe a few more. The ncaa does give the Carolinas at least one pod about every year and sometimes two. That said the Carolinas rarely host regional or national finals that benefit the big city schools that advance. Ucla and Kansas were the only teams I found to win a championship without leaving their time zone. Honestly Kansas has really been the most privileged. They basically play in Omaha or kc every opening round and had multiple years where they played the first 4 rounds in those two cities. 

1 hour ago, Kotchman said:

Well we have played in NC or Sc 19 out of 35 or 36 trips. Unc is about the same or maybe a few more. The ncaa does give the Carolinas at least one pod about every year and sometimes two. That said the Carolinas rarely host regional or national finals that benefit the big city schools that advance. Ucla and Kansas were the only teams I found to win a championship without leaving their time zone. Honestly Kansas has really been the most privileged. They basically play in Omaha or kc every opening round and had multiple years where they played the first 4 rounds in those two cities. 

Time zones don't matter. Try distance from home. We can go over 1100 miles and still be in the same time zone. That would be like Duke traveling to Minneapolis or Dallas. Hell, they could travel to Quebec and still be 200 miles closer to home. 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Time zones don't matter. Try distance from home. We can go over 1100 miles and still be in the same time zone. That would be like Duke traveling to Minneapolis or Dallas. Hell, they could travel to Quebec and still be 200 miles closer to home. 

True but It’s not all black and white. I’m sure ucla drew better in Seattle than Arkansas and unc. Dukes fan base is not huge in nc. Playing there is still an advantage provided unc isn’t in the building. I’m not sure how ucla and usc compare but I imagine it’s a much more even split.