• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

So, just to recap our off-season for the time being;

We replaced Noah with Bundy...That big Plus, Unless Noah can't pitch

We're replaced Cobb with Lorenzen.....Why the fuck could we not pay Cobb and addition 3 mil and an extra year? The only year Lorenzen was a starter. he produced a negative War????

Resigned Iglesias, so that's big!

Signed Loup and another big. 

Still there so many what if? like why the fuck did we waste 7 mil on Lorenzan? when Cobb basically had solid season, abit he was injured.

I still don't trust the Bp, we need a SS, and a backup C...

What left?

I wouldn't mind bringing back Cishek and Watson, Maybe offer Simmons a minor league deal, with a shot to win the SS duties...Than don't resign Suzuki

15 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I completely disagree. 

Chuck, three different guys, all of them scouting and player acquisition people have flat out told me they aren't sold on Detmer's velocity spike and that they there is no consensus on whether or not Bachman is a starter -- he checks all the boxes for them, but he's not thrown enough.   Anyway the phrased used was "we view them as being more quantity that quality".   

It's not even a slam on those guys, it's more about the things the Cinci scouting dept holds in regard..   They love power, both arms and bats.  They have zero issues with a guy striking out 300 times if he makes hard contact, which is likely why they have Adell at the very top of their list.  They can deal with control issues so long as the guy has over the top velo.   When you look at all the guys the Angels have picked off from them in recent years they all either threw hard or were spin dudes, but across the board most had control issues.

9 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Even more so that's a big no. My over/under for Sandoval's WAR in 2022 is probably something like 2.5, whereas Castillo is something like 3.5. That 1 WAR difference is not worth losing Marsh or Adell for.

In addition to Marsh/Adell's cost controlled years, the years of Paris, for two years of Castillo.  There has to be some balance between going for the Trout/Ohtani window and mortgaging the future.

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Chuck, three different guys, all of them scouting and player acquisition people have flat out told me they aren't sold on Detmer's velocity spike and that they there is no consensus on whether or not Bachman is a starter -- he checks all the boxes for them, but he's not thrown enough.   Anyway the phrased used was "we view them as being more quantity that quality".   

It's not even a slam on those guys, it's more about the things the Cinci scouting dept holds in regard..   They love power, both arms and bats.  They have zero issues with a guy striking out 300 times if he makes hard contact, which is likely why they have Adell at the very top of their list.  They can deal with control issues so long as the guy has over the top velo.   When you look at all the guys the Angels have picked off from them in recent years they all either threw hard or were spin dudes, but across the board most had control issues.

Wouldn’t it be weird for him to just lose velocity ?

6 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

The good news is, every scouting and player acquisition people for each organization have different views and scouting reports on players. 

Unless of course you're referring to the Reds scouting and acquisition people. Then I stand down. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Wouldn’t it be weird for him to just lose velocity ?

Detmers?

He saw a big uptick in the minors last year, then averaged 92.3 MPH in his short time in Anaheim.  Fatigue likely a factor but, those are the sorts of things these tools type obsess about.  Remember the concerns about Kumar and his velocity going up and down throughout his college career?

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

The good news is, every scouting and player acquisition people for each organization have different views and scouting reports on players. 

Unless of course you're referring to the Reds scouting and acquisition people. Then I stand down. 

Everything I've said is coming from three different people all with the Reds.    They are a POWER POWER POWER org.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Detmers?

He saw a big uptick in the minors last year, then averaged 92.3 MPH in his short time in Anaheim.  Fatigue likely a factor but, those are the sorts of things these tools type obsess about.  Remember the concerns about Kumar and his velocity going up and down throughout his college career?

The good news is the Angels drafted Reid Detmers knowing FB velo wasn't his strongest weapon. The uptick resulted in a high K rate, but he can still at worst be a Joe Saunders type which would be huge for the Angels.