• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin Today: 2021 Angelswin.com Trade Deadline Series: Conclusion

14 hours ago, Jason said:

He's been Ok with the bat (not awesome) but I don't trust his defense down the stretch when games matter the most. 

Other than the two botched double plays in one pre-ASB game in getting only one out each time (no errors charged), he’s been errorless over the past 33 games.  

Edited by Angel Oracle

13 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

This is my worry with trading either Iglesias or Cobb.   They know what they have with them.

I’d rather deal the other pending FAs for whatever best offer.

I'd probably trade Cobb, if the return is anything decent....I like Cobb, think he has done a terrific job, but his season has a "Bundy 2020" feel to it....Hell, he even came from the same team. under somewhat similar circumstances (underperforming vet the Orioles wanted rid of)....

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

If you want the answer I’d recommend you ask the thousands of players traded and the hundreds of GMs why it doesn’t happen.  

Sorry but is a bs response.

We have to options:

1.  Keep the players of value and hope they do not leave through FA. (None of them would get a qualifying offer).  If they leave you get nothing.

2.  Trade them for something of value and then negotiate with in in FA.  If they sign somewhere else it means they just want to they wznt to play someplace else.  However at least we got something of value.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Also I have no issues with trading potential free agents, I am just not going to assume you can trade them and simply resign them since that virtually never happens.  If we trade Iglesias and don’t resign him, but we sign another closer, what are the odds that closer will be a better closer than Iglesias.  Virtually no chance.  

I am not assuming we will sign them back.  However I am not assuming we sign them after the year anyway.

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

This is my worry with trading either Iglesias or Cobb.   They know what they have with them.

I’d rather deal the other pending FAs for whatever best offer.

*in their contract years

Might not be as big of a deal as I'm acting like it is in this post but it's something we shouldn't forget either.

A lot of people called for Bundy to be extended and yet now they are hoping he gets traded for a nicer vending machine. He can get something on the market, but it won't be nearly as much as the Angels would have received if they had executed it in the offseason, obviously. I don't think they anticipated this kind of fall off in all fairness.

I have nothing against reasonable extensions with either Cobb or Heaney, but the keyword there is 'reasonable'. Somewhat rare for a mid-season extension anyway, although clearly there are outliers like Lynn.

Also, you have to remember that the Halos are likely to spend money on a SS this offseason, too, unless they do something nutty and acquire one before the Trade Deadline (doubtful, but possible if the right deal falls in place).

13 minutes ago, ettin said:

A lot of people called for Bundy to be extended and yet now they are hoping he gets traded for a nicer vending machine. He can get something on the market, but it won't be nearly as much as the Angels would have received if they had executed it in the offseason, obviously. I don't think they anticipated this kind of fall off in all fairness.

I have nothing against reasonable extensions with either Cobb or Heaney, but the keyword there is 'reasonable'. Somewhat rare for a mid-season extension anyway, although clearly there are outliers like Lynn.

Also, you have to remember that the Halos are likely to spend money on a SS this offseason, too, unless they do something nutty and acquire one before the Trade Deadline (doubtful, but possible if the right deal falls in place).

I still have a feeling they'll either go with Rengifo (which is a little scary) or go with someone like Jose Iglesias/Jonathan Villar who can probably be signed to a budget-friendly 2-year deal or something like that.  I REALLY hope they don't go all-in on one of the big-name free-agent SS, given the amounts owed to Trout, Rendon, Upton, etc. and the blatantly obvious needs in other areas.

31 minutes ago, ettin said:

Hoping not, especially the low OBP Baez

A short term SS would work with Paris and Vera in the system.

3 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

I still have a feeling they'll either go with Rengifo (which is a little scary) or go with someone like Jose Iglesias/Jonathan Villar who can probably be signed to a budget-friendly 2-year deal or something like that.  I REALLY hope they don't go all-in on one of the big-name free-agent SS, given the amounts owed to Trout, Rendon, Upton, etc. and the blatantly obvious needs in other areas.

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Hoping not, especially the low OBP Baez

A short term SS would work with Paris and Vera in the system.

There are different routes, it's just that there are some above average choices that may come at surprisingly i expensive prices.... maybe!

Rengifo wouldn't be a terrible default choice. Paris and Vera are still 2-3 years out, probably.

It may be possible to pick up a SS on a 1-year deal thos offseason, too, if the market is to saturated.

I will have to look at it more, but there are routes to take for the Angels.

2 hours ago, ettin said:

There are different routes, it's just that there are some above average choices that may come at surprisingly i expensive prices.... maybe!

Rengifo wouldn't be a terrible default choice. Paris and Vera are still 2-3 years out, probably.

It may be possible to pick up a SS on a 1-year deal thos offseason, too, if the market is to saturated.

I will have to look at it more, but there are routes to take for the Angels.

Rengifo is going to have to play a whole lot better at the MLB level than he did this season.

He’s been a bitter disappointment after doing very well in AAA.