• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout, part-time player

Outside of 2012, which was only because that was his first great season in the pros and it's hard to give the mantle of "best player in all of baseball" to someone who's great for only one season, this might be the only other season since Trout became Trout that he might not be the clear-cut best player in all of baseball because of deGrom's dominance on the mound. But this is assuming that deGrom doesn't go on the IL an is out for a long time. If he isn't out for that long and continues to dominate hitters, then we would finally have a debate on whether Trout is the best player in the sport for the first time since forever. Looking at his track record, deGrom is a lot like Trout when it comes to dominance. What he lacks is not being elite at baseball for two seasons (2016 and 2017), unlike Trout, who was at elite-level performer from 2012-2019, not counting 2020 because it was a small sample size of games. From 2012-2019, Trout was an elite hitter for every single regular season while playing excellent defense in center field overall, even though he had some tough years there, according to defensive WAR. But even if Trout is not the best player in the game next season, I wouldn't even care. He will always be the best player in all of baseball in the 2010s, unanimously. He's heads-and-shoulders above his peers like Kareem in the 1970s, Jordan in the 1990s, and LeBron in the 2010s. Trout is a once-in-a-century player. I don't see anyone else ever doing what he's done before the age of 30 in 100 years, maybe a lot longer. 

I find it hilarious when people talk shit on athletes because of injuries.  The Rendon stuff on here is absurd right now.

I mean, the thread author does that, and acknowledges Trout's still been more productive than anyone.  

I guess I don't like to shit on people.  Especially people on my favorite team that have done amazing things.  Maybe I should step up my online bitch game.

Edited by ScottT