• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Race to oblivion ! Afghanistan vs. South Vietnam edition

Collapse !  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which pathetic puppet entity will collapse faster !?

• Afghanistan
    • South Vietnam (fell approximately 2 years after withdrawal of US forces)

A harrowing report from outside the airport in Kabul shows that the situation in Afghanistan has gotten so dangerous, tense and time-sensitive that even battle-hardened troops said they have never seen anything like it....

“Every day the scene outside the British evacuation camp changes, every day it seems to get worse and this day there is a new sense of desperation,” ..

“Collectively I think the thousands queuing outside in burning temperatures know that the clock is ticking on how long this airlift will go on for.”...

George Stephanopoulos .. told Biden of reports of “pandemonium outside the airport.”

Biden responded, “Oh, there is. But, look — but no one’s being killed right now, .

https://www.westernjournal.com/situation-deteriorating-kabul-airport-hardened-soldiers-tell-reporter-truth/

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

A harrowing report from outside the airport in Kabul shows that the situation in Afghanistan has gotten so dangerous, tense and time-sensitive that even battle-hardened troops said they have never seen anything like it....

“Every day the scene outside the British evacuation camp changes, every day it seems to get worse and this day there is a new sense of desperation,” ..

“Collectively I think the thousands queuing outside in burning temperatures know that the clock is ticking on how long this airlift will go on for.”...

George Stephanopoulos .. told Biden of reports of “pandemonium outside the airport.”

Biden responded, “Oh, there is. But, look — but no one’s being killed right now, .

https://www.westernjournal.com/situation-deteriorating-kabul-airport-hardened-soldiers-tell-reporter-truth/

Where do you find these sources?

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/western-journalism/

1 minute ago, cals said:

Plenty of blame to go around.  But ultimately other than evacuating those who we needed to get out sooner, we were going to see this situation regardless.  If the Afghans wouldn’t fight then this was inevitable.  Good for Trump for planning it.  Good for Biden for executing it.  Right wing media needs to go fuck itself for acting like this wasn’t necessary or that their dude didn’t play a massive role in what’s happening.  But most of their viewers don’t know the facts about anything, so they eat that shit up.

Announcing a date wasn’t wise. Any drawdown would have been noticed by the Taliban. It’s true the Taliban was going to come to power regardless. However, it isn’t true that we lack the ability to keep the Taliban at bay until our people are out. The situation would have been more dangerous for the last troops exiting but we have the capacity to execute the mission. Would it have been flawless? No, but certainly not this fiasco. Military leaders at all levels always develop multiple courses of action and brief higher headquarters.  it’s unlikely Biden was presented a concrete plan endorsed by Trump. If Biden was in fact presented a piss poor plan , asses should be fired immediately 

1 minute ago, Tank said:

From the GAO (Gov’t Accounting Office).

This should be an impeachable offense by anyone who signed off on this boondoggle.

E8D90446-7A16-43CD-B62B-D04973BE9087.jpeg

Yes the question I have is how much of that equipment was already in their Army’s hands and how much were we forced to abandon. We generally don’t hand aircraft over like that so it’s mind boggling how we just walked away from it. We have burned billions of dollars of equipment there because it often isn’t economical to bring it back. It appears we did none of that on this mission.   A lot of that stuff terrorist already have in bunches but it appears they likely have commo and night vision equipment that can jeopardize covert missions works wide. 

1 minute ago, cals said:

I watched a show a month ago that talked about them just abandoning shit at Bagram when they left.  Didn’t make a lot of sense.

No I deal with logistics and equipment accountability. I don’t buy it was cheaper to destroy. We could have co opted with scheduled  training missions and brought that stuff back with existing funds. Even crazier we had units short m4 rifles in 2019. It was so bad basic training was using m16s and we were cannibalizing new m4s for parts to keep what we had going. The military ended up awarding two additional m4 contracts to keep pace. Now we handed over thousands of m4s to the Iraqis starting around 2005. Our military and politicians make some crazy decisions 

31 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Yes the question I have is how much of that equipment was already in their Army’s hands and how much were we forced to abandon. We generally don’t hand aircraft over like that so it’s mind boggling how we just walked away from it. We have burned billions of dollars of equipment there because it often isn’t economical to bring it back. It appears we did none of that on this mission.   A lot of that stuff terrorist already have in bunches but it appears they likely have commo and night vision equipment that can jeopardize covert missions works wide. 

How Valuable Are The U.S. Weapons The Taliban Just Captured?

The U.S. military removed planes, heavy weapons and sophisticated military equipment as it began winding down its operations in Afghanistan in the spring. But it couldn't take home 20 years of accumulated hardware and instead left much of it to the Afghan military.

5 minutes ago, St1ck said:

I'll give him a 4/10. He didn't call the polls fake and throw his advisors under the bus. 

Perhaps a bit high considering any mention of "polls", will likely start him waxing about his love of their sausages. Plus, his advisors are safe since he doesn't know who any of them are...

6 minutes ago, khouse said:

Perhaps a bit high considering any mention of "polls", will likely start him waxing about his love of their sausages. Plus, his advisors are safe since he doesn't know who any of them are...

I like sausage and don't know who his advisors are. Joe is so relatable. Makes me proud I voted 7 times for him.