• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer 2.0!

1 minute ago, cals said:

For those that think it means something that his teammates for half a season have unfollowed him on social media, think about what would happen if you were accused of a heinous crime.  

How many of your actual friends would remain your friends? I think you’d be surprised to see long time friends disappear like farts in the wind and your parents, maybe your spouse and a couple actual, real friends would remain.  You just wouldn’t be worth the reputation damage and headache to most.

Yep.

I know a guy who got himself into trouble (yes, a female was involved) and asked a bunch of us to testify for him as character witnesses.

Guess how many did?

5 minutes ago, cals said:

For those that think it means something that his teammates for half a season have unfollowed him on social media, think about what would happen if you were accused of a heinous crime.  

How many of your actual friends would remain your friends? I think you’d be surprised to see long time friends disappear like farts in the wind and your parents, maybe your spouse and a couple actual, real friends would remain.  You just wouldn’t be worth the reputation damage and headache to most.

5e2e30f99a9bb.image.jpg?resize=1200,861

1 minute ago, cals said:

I have middle easterners come to me and tell me they would never hire a middle eastern lawyer.    

The founder a large insurance company is from the Middle East. It was made clear to us that unless a ME client was married with at least 2 kids and had a "normal" (ie blue collar/low mgmt) job, we were not to place them with his company.

Everything in that article from The Sun could be true--and what she's saying about what Bauer did to her could also still be true.  They're not mutually exclusive.  We just don't have enough to go on to reach a conclusion.

(Also, still bugs me that UK/European papers will reveal the name of an alleged victim in a case like this (who's a private citizen), but mask the name of the "friend" who is giving them a scoop...)

9 minutes ago, wopphil said:

My wife literally said this exact same thing to me last week (“I thought it was Jacob and Ronny?”). 

I also thought the same thing when I first heard the radio ad years ago. Like Jacoby and Meyers. It's usually always at least 2 people. If any of you know who Dr. Drew is, I know people that thought his last name was Drewpinsky. He is introduced a lot as Dr. Drew Pinsky so I can see how hearing it on the radio might be mistaken for one name. Whereas I mistook Jacob Emrani as 2 different people.

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

I also thought the same thing when I first heard the radio ad years ago. Like Jacoby and Meyers. It's usually always at least 2 people. If any of you know who Dr. Drew is, I know people that thought his last name was Drewpinsky. He is introduced a lot as Dr. Drew Pinsky so I can see how hearing it on the radio might be mistaken for one name. Whereas I mistook Jacob Emrani as 2 different people.

Ha, I almost mentioned Jacoby & Myers as well (I always thought it was Jacobian Myers). 

I am amazed at how much these personal injury attorneys advertise. I heard Sweet James drops over a million a month on advertising. 

Funny story that fits here: years ago, when I did PI defense, I was attending a truck inspection with a senior partner of Larry Parker’s office. Nice guy, very gregarious. We started discussing the firm commercials, and the guy on the motorcycle. You might recall, the initial commercial was just the guy’s face, but years later they did a second commercial that panned out and got his whole body. So we are talking about the commercial, and I finally said “so Jeff, that second commercial you guys did…was it to…” And he cuts me off mid-sentence: “…quash the rumors that he had no arms or legs? ABSOLUTELY.” I got a good laugh out of it. They were obviously well aware of their reputation (and I don’t think he cared when he drove away in his BMW 6 series convertible). 

13 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Oh man, you aren't gonna post the newest info here? I am watching Shark Week. I don't have time to look up this crap😝

Not sure what to make of it all. Heard it one the radio a few hours ago. But a 3rd party came forward with text messages she sent him / her. Almost sounds like she set him up, but maybe Im just reading it wrong. 

Pasadena PD fronted her on it and her lawyer was upset by it.... hardy har har...

Continue watching shark week. Its better.